Turntable in the Dianna KRall TV advert

On 29/09/2020 at 5:18 PM, metal beat said:

The turntable is the only thing of interest ?

Now, now - don't be catty, Shane!  xD

On 29/09/2020 at 4:37 PM, stevoz said:

Is the TT on the new album ad like this? It looks like the above McIntosh...

Diana Krall TURN UP THE QUIET Vinyl Record

The TT in your pic is a belt rim-drive.

The one in t_mike's post - the McIntosh, below - doesn't show any belt.

On 29/09/2020 at 3:52 PM, t_mike said:

I haven't seen the ad, but could it be this?

mcintosh_mt5_turntable_1.jpg

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, muriwai said:

More information required here please??

Sure - my first Mcintosh CD player, the MCD 201, had a model wide fault = tracks skipping and a strange clicking noise from the transport. Then upgraded to a MCD301, which was only slightly better. Then upgraded to the $10K MCD500, which was reliable, but sonically uninspiring.

My current CD player, the Ayre CX-7eMP CD player, leaves it for dead. Very familiar CDs, newly played on the Ayre, have astonished me by the revelation of previously unheard of detail. I mean really astonished.

Now for the second problem child - the all tube Mcintosh MC2102 power amp. It looked brilliant when playing, but cursed by unreliability. In the space of 2 years it went back for repairs about 4 or 5 times - myriad of faults including blown capacitors?

It was so unreliable that I stopped using it for fear of further faults developing.

Organizing a repair for an amp that weighs in excess of 50kgs was no mean feat either.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when it went back for repairs, and the so-called authorized service center in Sydney, who, bizarrely, also fixed washing machines, further damaged it. Somehow, they managed to chip a 1/2 inch gouge out of the front glass panel. Mcintosh USA, to their credit, replaced it with a new amp, but I didn't really trust their stuff anymore.

I am really pleased with my Ayre gear and it's unlikely that I would venture into another brand now.

My next amp -

https://www.ayre.com/products/amplification/ax-5-twenty/

10 hours ago, andyr said:

Now, now - don't be catty, Shane!  xD

The TT in your pic is a belt rim-drive.

The one in t_mike's post - the Macintosh, below - doesn't show any belt.

Andy

Andy - please take the time to read threads before posting, its all ready been established that its a Macintosh M10  - the next model up from that photo - its siting  on top of a Macintosh Amp - sideways  - sigh :) 

MT10 Angle.jpg

I had the pleasure of staring at her legs (and not much else of her)  for an hour and a half.

She was wearing a very short dress and her legs seem to stretch well down below the piano, and nearly into the orchestra pit.

11 hours ago, Chill3 said:

Andy - please take the time to read threads before posting, its all ready been established that its a Macintosh M10  - the next model up from that photo - its siting  on top of a Macintosh Amp - sideways  - sigh :) 

MT10 Angle.jpg

Comon Andy,you should have known better?

22 hours ago, stevoz said:

Seriously? I had no idea..... I'm into Elvis C and my Dad's into Diana Krall but that fact has never passed my way. Wow! I'm shocked.xD

Her and Elvis fight all the time. She love's Chelsea and also gets a lot of back pain bending over to kiss him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muriwai said:

Comon Andy,you should have known better?

I did read the posts, m - and didn't find that the TT had been proved to be an M10.

Though why anybody would buy a McIntosh TT is beyond me (they make amps) - just as I can't understand why anyone buys Linn amps (they make TTs)!  xD

Andy

• Like 3

13 hours ago, oksauce said:

Elvis Costellos wife.. i really like her.. 

now now Andy, don't be catty.. ha ha..

Hope your feeling well buddy.

Moi - I wasn't the one being catty about DK.  xD

I am feeling as good as one can under lockdown, OKs!  :thumb:

Andy

On 30/09/2020 at 9:54 PM, static said:

Excellent Canadian singer, jazz style.  Very successful career.  Married to Elvis Costello. Well worth a listen.

Sorry, but I consider both of them to be so highly over-rated, both as boring as batsh*t, they obviously deserve each other, but why do we have to suffer?*

*Excuse me whilst I pull my head in under the parapet.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2020 at 10:01 PM, stevoz said:

Seriously? I had no idea..... I'm into Elvis C and my Dad's into Diana Krall but that fact has never passed my way. Wow! I'm shocked.xD

When I saw her (with Madeleine Peyroux supporting) a few years ago she would often mention Elvis and their kids in her banter.  It was an enjoyable and relaxing show, but not the most exciting concert I've been to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, audiofeline said:

When I saw her (with Madeleine Peyroux supporting) a few years ago she would often mention Elvis and their kids in her banter.  It was an enjoyable and relaxing show, but not the most exciting concert I've been to.

Lucky you're not a mate of mine who, in the '70's, went along to a Gary Burton concert. He fell asleep during the first number and only woke up as everybody was leaving the venue. Perth Concert Hall, I think.

Edited by JukKluk2
seplling
  • Haha 1