SOLD: FS: **PRICE DROP** Chord Chordette Qute EX DAC

Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Croydon North
State: Victoria
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Third kid on the way and moving to Queensland

Further information:

Very good condition, had been mainly used as a DAC for a CD transport, and also via USB for streaming digital. The Chordette Qute EX enables decoding at up to 384kHz PCM and DSD 128 over USB.

No box or instructions - but the latter is available online. Comes with unit and wall-wart plug. 

Shipping won't cost a bomb, so I'm happy to cover the cost anywhere in Australia. 

Two things worth noting:

1) If using via USB, I've been booting my MacBook Pro via a secondary hard drive running Mavericks - the unit not USB 2.0 and Chord stopped making drivers around Mavericks/El Capitan (AFAIK). There's other ways around this compatibility issue that I've read about, but this was the simplest solution for me and worked a treat

2) If wanting to use a digital cable, you'll need a BNC to RCA adaptor, which are easily sourced. 

I enjoyed my time with it, and was a big step up from my Arcam. As I said, third kid on the way, moving states for good. 

A more detailed description with adjectives that I wouldn't be able to articulate:

https://www.whathifi.com/au/chord/qute-ex/review

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20200924_115633.jpg

20200924_115623.jpg

20200924_115643.jpg

20200924_115609.jpg

Edited by cordlessmatt
  • Like 1