SOLD: FS: Parks Audio Puffin DSP phono

SOLD
Item Condition: 9.9/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Beaumaris
State: Victoria
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: Modding

Further information:

The Puffin is an amazing piece of kit and betters my PS Audio NuWave phono....... it is that good!! 

I purchased this in June 2020, SN 00964. Comes with everything it was supplied with in the same new condition. 

Newer Puffins above SN 001010 have the 96 spdif as standard. 

After taking ownership of a Gieseler Kompakt, I wanted to do the digital out mod. I contacted Shannon at Parks last night. His reply is below. He is fantastic to deal with. 

So glad you are enjoying your Puffin, George! Your Puffin is the previous revision and limited to 24/48 SPDIF without the mod below. Honestly, the 48-to-96 mod isn't really necessary, and the big difference is just having a digital output in the first place. But I wanted to document it so folks who really like to mod and hack would have the option. 

Coax mod:

24/48 to 24/96 mod:

Warm Regards,
Shannon Parks
www.parksaudiollc.com

I was a little hesitant to mod it, my Puffin is totally unmarked and pristine. But as luck would have it a 24/96 Puffin came up on SNA yesterday....... so I purchased it with the view to sell mine. 

I have the recommended resistors, wire and RCA chassis plug etc for the new owner to mod if they desire. Just follow the Parks Audio link above.

A new Puffin is around $489USD plus post and GST, Puffin with the Coax mod from the factory is $589USD ++ 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

ACF4A0A0-D06E-431D-A979-776CB4BD9A23.jpeg

6F3993E8-0531-4629-970D-49E83F98CF5A.jpeg

8B8D8E64-2510-48D2-9EF2-40452F80962E.jpeg

Edited by naggots