<$3K Integrated Amp with HT bypass??? So many options!

noisuf

Hi everyone, I've finally made my first purchase on my 2ch stereo journey, scored a Gieseler Gross DAC and can't wait to hopefully get it on Tuesday!!!

I was initially looking at the Denon PMA-2500NE as a all in one option. But now with the Gieseler, it opens up so many more integrated amp options!

I missed out on the Conrad Johnson CA200 in the classifieds the other day. I have this list to go buy as I want HT bypass......but searching up some with some very big $$$, I don't know what to laser focus on: http://www.audiophile.no/en/articles-tests-reviews/item/426-amplifiers-with-processor-input.

I guess the Denon is still an option as it can go into analog mode.....I've heard it's still a beast of an amp too?

Please give me some suggestions, help me out! :) Get something that is Class A/B? Looking to spend max max $3000 on the secondhand market.......if I can get it closer to $2000 it will make my CFO happier. :D

Edited by noisuf

34 minutes ago, noisuf said:

Is there anything such as an 'endgame' integrated with HT bypass in this price range? The CA200 was said to be endgame? Others?

'Endgame' is any item of gear that u buy... 

until you replace it as soon as (what was once) endgame magically becomes mid-tier. 

Finding the best amp u can within your budget is the more sensible way to describe it ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is no such thing as universally great amplifier for every type of speakers, music and personal taste. It's also almost impossible to try all amplifiers even those available in Australia. Currently, after trying quite a few amps, I am using Exposure 3010 s2d. 

https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/primaluna-evo-200-integrated-amplifier-review

My as-new Audia Flight Three S is still available. It has HT bypass, can be used as a preamp or power amp, has a built-in DAC, a headphone amp and an MM / MC phono stage. Oh, and the sound is glorious!

A different league to the Denon and Cambridge Audio.

• Like 3

@gemini07 ‘s Audia would be a brilliant choice. Very easy to listen to for long periods.

It will also help to indicate what speakers are being used and your music tastes.

if on a strict budget, you could do worse than this Stello;

Bladelius is another good amp option that comes up at this price range.

Edited by Ray H

7 hours ago, gemini07 said:

My as-new Audia Flight Three S is still available. It has HT bypass, can be used as a preamp or power amp, has a built-in DAC, a headphone amp and an MM / MC phono stage. Oh, and the sound is glorious!

A different league to the Denon and Cambridge Audio.

Thx gemini, nice amp, a little over the budget but will think about it.

4 hours ago, Ray H said:

@gemini07 ‘s Audia would be a brilliant choice. Very easy to listen to for long periods.

It will also help to indicate what speakers are being used and your music tastes.

if on a strict budget, you could do worse than this Stello;

Bladelius is another good amp option that comes up at this price range.

Thx Ray. Already in discussion regarding the stello. ?

Music is everything from RnB to classical to Norah jones to 80s pop (michael jackson) to rock/evanescence.

Speakers to be upgraded....was looking for secondhand VAF i66 but now moving towards Adelaide/Ascension speakers.

2 hours ago, petetherock said:

How about a Marantz PM11s3?

the last Reference amp which is fully analogue .. equipped with a ht bypass and built to last 

Thanks! I'll add it to the list. :)

1 hour ago, Al.M said:

Yep, I've just gone through that list FULLY with a fellow SNA member. So good to get his feedback to help with with all the vast experience he has had.

Now just need to find out what Edward's Ascension/Adelaide speakers prefer, warm or neutral.

• Like 1