FS: B&W vintage DM6 Loudspeaker, circa 1975

Item Condition: Great condition for it's age
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only, EFT
Reason for selling: Surplus, no more high powered amps to drive these

Further information:

Condition of the speakers is excellent. All drivers are original.  All drivers are functioning 100%.  Paint work and veneer is excellent condition. Minor dings here and there, but nothing major. No major staining or any type, or fading - been stored in a cupboard.

These were the first speaker produced by B&W employing the famous Kevlar mid driver.  These need power to drive them to their best.  I had driven them with EAR509 100 watt monos and the results were outstanding.  Unfortunately, I don't have any high power amps anymore, so cannot audition.  Prefer pickup, no boxes.  Speakers come with original cast alloy standing feet.  Currently not fitted as they are stored in cupboard.  Crossover is modified by Lewitt Research Labs in New Zealand.  Top quality parts used including Mills resistors and Mundorf caps throughout, hand wound inductors, and completely rewired with Esoteric Audio Research cable.  The modified crossover allows for tri-amp or tri-wire.  Binding posts are top quality genuine WBT.

Fabric dome tweeter is perfect condition as well as the famous Kevlar mid.  Printed copies of user manual and servicing information as well as spec sheet.

Photos:

RDSC00616.jpg

RDSC04985.jpg

RCIMG0061.jpg

RDSCN4344.jpg

D271569E-1745-4944-BD02-04EBE9B68B24.thumb.jpeg.a40ce6aaa2b8a5e3261801fcf4e0b4ee.jpeg

RCIMG1591.jpg

RCIMG1592.jpg

• Like 3

I used to have a pair of these many moons ago. They are indeed a top quality speaker - at the time I think they were b&w's top of the line speaker. 

GLWTS

20 hours ago, rob2 said:

I used to have a pair of these many moons ago. They are indeed a top quality speaker - at the time I think they were b&w's top of the line speaker. 

GLWTS

Yes.  That's what I understand too, top of the line at the time.  Thx. DL

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Baggio
      Item Condition: Used - As New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: West Pennant Hills State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, PayPal Reason for selling: Upgrading Velodyne Digital Drive PLUS 12" 1250 Watt Subwoofer

This is the PLUS model in great condition, with no issues at all. Retails from $6,499 up to $6,999 brand new.

This is the polished black version.

https://lifestylestore.com.au/product/velodyne-dd12-plus-12-digital-drive-subwoofer/

https://avaustralia.com.au/velodyne-digital-drive-plus-12-1250-watt-subwoofer-each/

Currently warehoused to save on storage and available for pickup as required from West Pennant Hills.

Comes with original accessories box with accessories of course, all included.

• By rand129678
      Item Condition: Excellent used, all parts still under Australian warranty till Jan 2022 Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: PayPal Gift Reason for selling: Tied to Apple ecosystem so will be getting a Mac Mini M1 Further information:

Price includes postage anywhere in Australia.

Full specs here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/126148/intel-nuc-kit-nuc8i5beh.html

1TB NVMe SSD plus 250gb 2.5 inch M.2 SATA SSD installed inside.
      16GB RAM installed (2 x 8 GB).

All parts bought from mwave NSW , all under Australian warranty to Jan 2022.

Original Invoice will be provided with sale.

NUC still has protective cover on top and power button (see photos).

NUC has the latest BIOS installed

If you use Roon, this is on the approved list for Roon OS (ROCK). I can install Roon ROCK if you like but you'll need your own Roon membership.

Or you can install your own operating system of course.

Photos:

• By Baggio
      Item Condition: Used - As New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: West Pennant Hills State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, PayPal Reason for selling: Upgrading Velodyne Digital Drive PLUS 12" 1250 Watt Subwoofer

This is the PLUS model in great condition, with no issues at all. Retails from $6,499 up to $6,999 brand new.

This is the polished black, with a slight wood grain finish running through it as per the photos.

https://lifestylestore.com.au/product/velodyne-dd12-plus-12-digital-drive-subwoofer/

https://avaustralia.com.au/velodyne-digital-drive-plus-12-1250-watt-subwoofer-each/

Currently warehoused to save on storage and available for pickup as required from West Pennant Hills, NSW.

Comes with original accessories box with accessories of course, all included.

• By Jodie 66
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Beechboro State: WA Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Brought a single Lovan stand Further information:sorry the price was always meant to be $230 not $330

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Eggmeister
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information: This power conditioner comes with a Blue LED display and a 4 Metre Gigawatt LC-2 MK 3 power cord.

Comes with all original packaging. (Double Boxed)

Photos: