https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fbe5c98ec3097214f9d66d76c83d77b4c.1000x1000x1.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fc812d25f8f264280b6f9ac74f05175eb.1000x1000x1.jpg

Not really my style at all but...your getting stuck in your ways and a few steps away from caricature if you don't explore and take a step outside your comfort zone now and again, that might be Led Zep and PF or Kinda Blue or Mahler's fifth or whatever.

This isn't half bad. Always like the background beat that runs through good rap. I don't have the ears for the lyrics but I do for the way that basic, the beginning rhythm controls everything that comes as you listen. Could be as simple as a four bar beat on the bass.

Actually this album is almost worth studying just for it's light on African American observations of their life in the US.

Politics aside...Crunk is Dead is a great track.

• Replies 74.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Janjuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

Hi All,   Some Steely Dan - Aja and Pretzel Logic.     JJ

Posted Images

Listening to a playlist of rock n roll songs from across the decades

Well mainly the 60’s and 70’s

After which it largely died 

Killed off by the corporatisation of radio stations and the billion selling sterile records they churned out

So to speak

And up came this to remind me that last weekend in Melbourne young fogeys got together to protest and burst into a Johnny Farnham song 

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

5BEDA797-ED82-49B0-813F-15D07869DEFE.png

49FDEDB5-8AF9-4BBC-9E16-CD4CA3CDFACE.jpeg

42ED9E39-096B-49CE-92AE-2F69DC87084E.jpeg

Edited by keyse1

One of many glaring omissions from The Rolling Stone list

The Go Betweens 

One of the all time great double sided singles

Karen and Lee RemickFA542DBB-6BEC-4A16-BE16-349AE0D4427D.thumb.jpeg.f575d3c464f97545a49a1d64b56c21c0.jpeg

This is what I call a great photo 

And song of course 

Joey Ramone carrying a surfboard 

Checking out the chick in the car😍

Who just happens to be Blondie

D49DF091-A127-4710-BC4F-23F15F1A65D2.jpeg

Listened to Rage this morning.

Then played some Rage Against The Machine.

ratm-ratm.jpg?itok=GShSswXh

This afternoon was a Bandcamp recommendation from Boris, and yeah, I like this.  It's a bit post-...something perhaps, and it's certainly heavy enough in places, although not really metal.  But yeah, decent mostly instrumental rock.  Two thumbs up. 

Storm of Void.

a3198231931_16.jpg

https://stormofvoid.bandcamp.com/album/war-inside-you

Edited by Monk

Andre Williams- Black Godfather

275471464_images(8).jpeg.c2927d90c57afe110cc72f312ed2c7d5.jpeg

Suddenly, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion has a linked in moment. Well played everyone.

Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School Of Medicine- White People & The Damage Done

395440943_images(9).jpeg.bed5b942b34f913a4fdecde0f07aaf7f.jpeg

Edited by deanB

MJ "Thriller" Dutch 1st pressing (with QJ as producer on back cover! :thumb:).....sweet sound.

475024.jpg

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

MJ "Thriller" Dutch 1st pressing (with QJ as producer on back cover! :thumb:).....sweet sound.

To clarify---- Quincy Jones is always listed on the back cover in every pressing: it's the absence of MJ being listed or not, that makes it 1st pressing or later.  ✔️

I'm adoring the new Something For Kate stuff off their as yet to be released new album, The Modern Medieval.

This album is going to be an absolute belter!!

Edited by candyflip
57 minutes ago, candyflip said:

To clarify---- Quincy Jones is always listed on the back cover in every pressing: it's the absence of MJ being listed or not, that makes it 1st pressing or later.  ✔️

True, that was a mis-wording....mine is the one without MJ listed as a co producer and indeed it was you who put me onto it. :thumb:

Edited by stevoz