Currently Spinning

Wife and kids aren’t home atthe moment. Found this single. 

Enigma-Carly’s Theme 

track 2 (Jam and Spoon remix)

Goodness knows it would sound pretty impressive on other members systems, (TAD’s, JBL’s, Hulgichs, Duntechs, Focal’s, PMC’s, ATC’s ....is there anyone else’s speakers I haven’t mentioned!)

Denon giving plenty of bass to the Kantu 9’s)

B635EE60-5BB5-4FDF-BCEB-626D871B85F3.jpeg

• Like 1

R-380656-1105914763.jpg.jpg

2 CDs, no duds. Allmusic has it:

Although XTC continually made carefully constructed albums, they were a dynamite singles band, releasing songs that were tightly constructed and impossibly catchy. They never had hits, because their unabashed pop was never in fashion; plus, Andy Partridge's voice was too pinched and his lyrics frequently too cerebral. But XTC's music stands as some of the best and most influential pop of their era, and nowhere is that more evident than on Fossil Fuel.

By the way, if you like earworms, then you need Drums & Wires.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Thanks @scuzzii

Sufficient affirmation to warrant bandcamp acquisition to plunge into @RankStranger's enticement.  With Dirty Three i have found watching Jim White perform to be en entertainment in itself, and a musical inspiration worthy of attention! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dilettanteque said:

Thanks @scuzzii

Sufficient affirmation to warrant bandcamp acquisition to plunge into @RankStranger's enticement.  With Dirty Three i have found watching Jim White perform to be en entertainment in itself, and a musical inspiration worthy of attention! 

I almost tagged you in that post because I think you’d dig the sound, going by the stuff you put up that I know. Yes, it’s Jim from dirty three and cat power and more recently Xylouris White (which is also excellent). I’d listen to him drop cutlery into a sink but this feels pretty special. There’s a real synergy between the two of them (I’m not familiar with any other work of hers) and apparently it was all unrehearsed first takes

• Thanks 1

And new Run The Jewels out today.  Well, at least for streaming and a free download.  Really need to pick up the CD when it's released.  Scary how accurate some of those lyrics are at the moment.

run-the-jewels-4-capa.jpg

I'm liking it.   

15 hours ago, keyse1 said:

Sorry @needlerunner that’s a bit blunt

I first heard Hallelujah on Various Positions and once heard not forgotten 

The first cover of what is now hundreds if not thousands was John Cale on a tribute record and couldn’t believe how good it was

Then I saw John Cale in Byron and Hallelujah was the encore from memory 

Killer song 

Then I went to see Jeff Buckley on the strength of reviews of his first tour here

Didn't like it at all and went outside And came back in for Hallelujah which was great but not a patch on Lenny or John Cale

Ive also heard Leonard Cohen sing it twice this century and Rufus Wainwright sing it at a tribute to Leonard Cohen at The Opera House

Thats my history with the song? so to speak

Here’s a link to the song in Wikipedia 

Is it about religion or sex or both?

References both King David and Samson and Delilah 

Any of Leonard Cohen's songs work on multiple levels and like Dylan nobody can sing them as well as they sing their own songs

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwibq5XqsubpAhUwzTgGHYc6CscQFjAVegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHallelujah_(Leonard_Cohen_song)&usg=AOvVaw3jlOpiJwxBzh0nMiVR-wOt

Wasn't offended mate, each to their own.?

I am not a Cale or Dylan fan, so l guess that is why l like other versions better. Lenny Cohen is my 2nd best version.

14 hours ago, Tab74 said:

Got this  this week secondhand plays well. And saw the documentary  on her on tv also this week ‘Can I just be me’ 

image.jpg

So the doco as well. What a supreme talent she was. Reminded me of the Amy Winehouse docco.

Both gone too soon. So sad.

• Like 1