mondie

Currently Spinning

Trying to educate myself about some bands I missed in their heyday.

I didn't get/like Cocteau Twins back then, still not a fan.

Cocteau_Twins%E2%80%94Heaven_or_Las_Vega

a0977462521_16.jpg

Memory Drawings - The Nearest Exit --  desribed as an ablum of "gorgeous hammered dulcimer and aching violins" and "a blend of ethereal sounds and dreamy orchestral passages with elements of ambient and shoegaze". Yep. Sounds about right. Very noice. Also comes with some remixes for bonus noiceness. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

I have a confession.   I do love BS but my go to albums are Sabotage, Heaven and Hell and Technical Ecstasy.    I think it has been 30 years since I have actually sat and listened to the full Paranoid CD.

After a long week I settled in with a wine and the lights off.   

I might be Capt Obvious here for you die hard metal heads but..............What an absolutely killer, Mother frigger of a CD it is.    It blew me away.  My long suffering wife said the vol was as loud as she has heard from the closed door, in many a long time .  

I never really realised what a beast Bill Ward was on the kit.    He absolutely monstered it.   Highlight of the Album for mine.  The production was awesome and put many of today's efforts to complete shame.    Clear, Crisp, Brutal and an absolute joy to savor. 

Hand of Doom is a classic that never gets played behind the other 4 mainstays on the Cd.

Brilliant.

Regards Cazzesman

bs.jpg

21 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

I have a confession.   I do love BS but my go to albums are Sabotage, Heaven and Hell and Technical Ecstasy.    I think it has been 30 years since I have actually sat and listened to the full Paranoid CD.

After a long week I settled in with a wine and the lights off.   

I might be Capt Obvious here for you die hard metal heads but..............What an absolutely killer, Mother frigger of a CD it is.    It blew me away.  My long suffering wife said the vol was as loud as she has heard from the closed door, in many a long time .  

I never really realised what a beast Bill Ward was on the kit.    He absolutely monstered it.   Highlight of the Album for mine.  The production was awesome and put many of today's efforts to complete shame.    Clear, Crisp, Brutal and an absolute joy to savor. 

Hand of Doom is a classic that never gets played behind the other 4 mainstays on the Cd.

Brilliant.

Regards Cazzesman

bs.jpg

I had a similar experience on Friday, I cant remember the last time I played Paranoid, not my usual go to album for BS, so many great songs on the album, really enjoyed Fairies Wear Boots and the original Iron Man.

The Who,  Pinball And Other Wizards - '65 - '75 / Their Greatest Hits.  Track Record ‎ 2644 004  2 × LP, Compilation South Africa 1975.

Pinball And Other Wizards  - '65 - '75 / Their Greatest Hits (Vinyl, LP, Compilation) album cover

764447633_OiVAVOI.jpg.8b7c49a7048c9a07167bc96b1952e47f.jpg

Currently playing this at normal speed, to be followed by in reverse and then at half speed.

R-1277998-1517446033-8375.jpeg.jpg

Have a good evening. 

listening to a new copy of Sandanista. I like all the old Clash stuff- this one being a triple album. The quality is surprisingly good (Sony/ Epic, New York, 180gm, 1980, 2013). It was released after London Calling (their best album). 2123613756_20200606_2109004012-Copy.thumb.jpg.5066e6d06359a2c9d9304cf190927197.jpg

Edited by Me2also

Safia - Internal (c 2016). Great album from these talented Canberra lads.  A lot of great tracks and awesome SQ on the vocals and electronica flooding into my room.

image.png.61ca1c8f72733fba9e57b578f5fc6450.png