u6TH0jG.jpg

848d0efb83bfab4edb24baaef4d26515o.jpg

Posted (edited)

Later on

2717230e40b5381510dfacb20e7411a4o.jpg

Edited by Sonichifi

Jethro Tull ~ Thick As A Brick

348428748_JethroTullTAAB.png.df22ee86751714d915e9c50bf9020909.png

Damon Albarn ‎– Everyday Robots - luvly laid back reflective album.

htgf874.jpg

I haz my fav's :)

1616201785_TransvisionVampPopArt.jpg.98545de577806d4f1bf69836c2737935.jpg

3 hours ago, Love_music said:

Jethro Tull ~ Thick As A Brick

348428748_JethroTullTAAB.png.df22ee86751714d915e9c50bf9020909.png

Hey!...who ya callin' thick as...2Brix 😆

Bill Callahan ‎– Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest

aWabMbF.jpg

On 15/05/2020 at 6:49 PM, The Fez said:

Out of all the musical revolutions, the Australian invasion of the early ‘80s is often the most overlooked despite the fact that Men at Work, Midnight Oil, and INXS became international superstars.

Furthermore, other regional artists such as the Church, Icehouse, and Pseudo Echo also scored hits of their own. Perhaps they were overshadowed by England's own new wave chart-toppers at the time even though Australia was easily able to match their output.

Lost in the deluge of post-punk acts from Australia was Machinations, a group heavily inspired by the synthesizer-based new romantic sounds emanating from the U.K. Machinations was formed in Sydney, Australia in 1980 by Fred Loneragan (vocals), Tim Doyle (guitar), Nick Swan (bass), and Tony Starr (keyboards). The band released their first single, "Average Inadequacy",  1981. Their 1983 debut LP Esteem was distributed in the U.S. and featured their most well-known track, "Pressure Sway". Big Music followed in 1985, but Machinations failed to achieve as much commercial success, either at home or abroad, as many of their peers. Nevertheless, the band had a cult following in dance clubs, by far their strongest supporters. However, Machinations broke up after 1988's Uptown, the members joining other local groups. They reunited in 1997. ~ Michael Sutton

Artist bio from TiVo.

download (1).jpg

Just came across this as I was spinning Real Life - Heartland. Another great album of its tim

5E3661BA-6E26-4645-BD06-DE1DA804462E.jpeg

Freeways - True Bearings, a new release, 70s style rock done well.

C717A8E8-5D34-4202-BFDF-956E541A13D5.png

On 15/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, The Fez said:

Out of all the musical revolutions, the Australian invasion of the early ‘80s is often the most overlooked despite the fact that Men at Work, Midnight Oil, and INXS became international superstars.

Furthermore, other regional artists such as the Church, Icehouse, and Pseudo Echo also scored hits of their own. Perhaps they were overshadowed by England's own new wave chart-toppers at the time even though Australia was easily able to match their output.

Lost in the deluge of post-punk acts from Australia was Machinations, a group heavily inspired by the synthesizer-based new romantic sounds emanating from the U.K. Machinations was formed in Sydney, Australia in 1980 by Fred Loneragan (vocals), Tim Doyle (guitar), Nick Swan (bass), and Tony Starr (keyboards). The band released their first single, "Average Inadequacy",  1981. Their 1983 debut LP Esteem was distributed in the U.S. and featured their most well-known track, "Pressure Sway". Big Music followed in 1985, but Machinations failed to achieve as much commercial success, either at home or abroad, as many of their peers. Nevertheless, the band had a cult following in dance clubs, by far their strongest supporters. However, Machinations broke up after 1988's Uptown, the members joining other local groups. They reunited in 1997. ~ Michael Sutton

Artist bio from TiVo.

download (1).jpg

I love Machinations, I have both their albums. They were too ahead of their time here, there's no other reason they weren't bigger

Posted (edited)

2001 - A Space Odyssey (Mondo 2xLP).

Great to have the full OST (previous releases were only partial scores), and this one sounds great. Super quiet and stonk loads of dynamics.

Edit: Wow side 4 is really out there. Obviously material deemed too "out there" for the movie.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TDK

Bonny Rait - Luck of the Draw.  Having got around to sorting my CDs in order i found this, belonging to my better half i think, and enjoying it afresh.

image.png.25c3adaec55d3d092218c81883a4ab48.png

21 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

I love Machinations, I have both their albums. They were too ahead of their time here, there's no other reason they weren't bigger

They had 3 albums 😄

Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now.

20200517_205903.jpg

On 15/05/2020 at 8:49 PM, The Fez said:

Artist bio from TiVo.

download (1).jpg

Great band. I have their first ep, their 3 albums and their underated Big Beat remix album.

Must have seen them a dozen times over the past 35 odd years.  

I even took my daughters to see them last year. Freddie was nice enough to pose for selfies with my daughters and myself.

They should have been a lot bigger.

Chris Rea - The Very Best Of.  So many years since have given this a spin and I feel there are some Springsteen and Knopfler elements in a few tracks.

image.png.f3fdb944a526f855b2f7b82f9de5b46b.png

Posted (edited)

Alita - Battle Angel OST (LP)

Average movie but very nice OST.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TDK

2 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

Chris Rea - The Very Best Of.  So many years since have given this a spin and I feel there are some Springsteen and Knopfler elements in a few tracks.

image.png.f3fdb944a526f855b2f7b82f9de5b46b.png

What a great singer (and great dude). He's not been well of late, hope all is OK.

Sly And Robbie meets Nils Petter Molvaer - Nordub.

images (34).jpeg

9 hours ago, Bisguittin said:

Little Feat - Las hazañas no me fallan ahora.

20200517_205903.jpg

very good turntable !!!

Hi All,

Brian Eno, Apollo, Atmospheres and Soundtracks

1251163541_ApolloEno.jpg.80d4a9c273488b5d10742f8d95514b38.jpg

JJ

Earlier

116414516_PanicEnoHolland.jpg.31f5b59648c3f4fe0cbea097b993b617.jpg

Now

143102050_IronButterfly.jpg.6db411e9ff8970d1d6390f5762818a39.jpg

Hi All,

Kansas - Kansas. Their first album