Currently Spinning

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.R5CDGAYJrQzbCTW7Zc1qoAHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Peter Frampton is and underrated guitarist I think, he's really really good, and this album is a joy.

Yesterday, listening to this...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Srgy7QMSdFbx09DzB-3-vwHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

This sounds like the blues album that Jeff Beck never recorded, it's so good.

Cheers,

Alberto

Edited by betocool
Double image
  • Like 3

Joe Satriani - ShapeShifting, the guitar legend is back with an absolute ripper of an album. Joe wanted every one of the 13 songs to have different vibe, and allow him to shape shift into a different guitarist for each song, the new rhythm section perfectly contributing to each song, highly recommended.

25334756-5338-49F2-B75B-881AD5CEF081.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uncle Seth said:

Now listening to the glory that is the Ramones ‎– Anthology: Hey Ho Let's Go!

I should probably turn it up, hey?

Ramones.jpg.b2756ac8a26e72a03fecd037a87484f7.jpg

One of the glories of rock and roll

Saw em play at lunchtime in SAN Francisco again in London and I think The Playroom on the Gold Coast

Very funny to look at with the same names but great music Played at 100 mph

I love Rocket To Russia especially I Want to be Sedated

And that crazy Movie Rock n Roll High School

• Like 2

18 hours ago, deanB said:

My John Prine starter kit was Lost Dogs & Mixed Blessings which apparently upset a few of the purists at the time. I luv it but am careful not to overuse it.

1236839087_images(24).jpeg.3ddb9c91b24e41b73686af18d0db7b6d.jpeg

Why did it upset the purists

Thats me?

Common Sense upset the purists 

I saw him in Vancouver at that time

One of my all time favourite concerts played in 2 parts from memory 

First acoustic and then electric which was a chalk and cheese moment I guess 

Songs are great on Common Sense but doesn’t cut it as a rock n roll performance 

Saw him again last year very moving concert apart from the songs he was old I’m old and I’ve been listening to the songs as long as he’s been playing them?

And right now 

Aimless Love

image.jpg

• Like 3

Slightly more noisy day today...

First up with Snowman's self-titled.  While pretty chaotic at times, the vocals are pretty soothing at other times.  So it kind of balances out.  Kind of.  :D 

Folder.jpg.a6dbadb743a3620ea6a674ff6e1507cc.jpg

Then rocked out a bit with FNM.  Shame have to wait until next year to see them, but at least they rescheduled.  Although the way things are going, gigs still mightn't be a thing by then.  :( 

0b068e7b.jpg

Finished the full albums with Human Impact.  Definitely fits these times.  Good album.

a3544215655_16.jpg

And currently playing a random, or not so random selection off the network.  

11 hours ago, metal beat said:

Chelsea Wolfe ‎– Birth Of Violence - 2019 on Sargent House -  exquisite record - a nice change from her last couple of drone doom records - her vocals are ethereal

7SqV4ym.jpg

I like her. Goth side.  Hiss Spun is her best album for me.

Today:

81dp5g3JTwL._SS500_.jpg

Lana Del Rey - Norman F***ing Rothwell -- slow, ethereal music with high FPM ("f**ks per minute"). Streaming via Tidal.

71KFflejrDL._SS500_.jpg

Max Richter / Lorne Balfe / Nils Frahm -- Ad Astra -- soundtrack to the "Brad Pitt In Space" moofie. Very arty. Streaming via Tidal.

71prbErlqBL._SS500_.jpg

Rush - Grace Under Pressure -- on this 1984 album Rush eschew their usual mix of prog and hard rock and are more contemporary, with lots of synths and influences from The Police, Simple Minds, and U2. Very cold and bleak, but always been a favourite of mine. Spinning CD.

--Geoff

• Like 3