mondie

Currently Spinning

Wow, that's very busy @Janjuc last entry previous page !!!

Fink ~ Biscuits For Breakfast

1545840112_FinkBiscuits.jpg.d4da25a0f90f4f613e610fe59493c55c.jpg

Edited by Love_music

Earlier

263783758_DiscoveryELO.jpg.b60494ccb76b85c29effcab43c55199a.jpg

Recently

761695136_RyCooder.jpg.8e4c2eca1d54c60b9accbfc10cf29c5d.jpg

Finishing last track now

38245179_CarryFirePlant.jpg.f67e4cb9527cd6880a9a21a92a7b1e3d.jpg

Ahmed Ag Kaedy ‎– Akaline Kidal

This is a current favourite, getting quite a few spins lately.

"In 2018, Tuareg guitarist Ahmed Ag Kaedy recorded this devastating solo acoustic album on an eight-track cassette recorder in Portland, Oregon, with the help of Sahel Sounds owner-producer Christopher Kirkley.

Akaline Kidal (“My Land, Kidal”) is Kaedy’s poetically couched lament for Kidal, his northern Mali hometown which was overrun by an alliance of Tuareg rebels and Islam extremists in 2012."

LR89B7T.jpg?1

Allan Taylor - Looking for you

Image result for allan taylor cd cover

Hi All,

Sunchild, Message From Afar

Sunchild.jpg.90540b8af4903544a1bd2191642ff737.jpg

JJ

17 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Man. Has that guy got some serious guitar chops. And he likes KFC too. Could listen to him all night. Bloody Fantastic.

He is bloody amazing isn't he! Real name: Brian Patrick Carroll.

I suspect and have read unsubstantiated reports that he is on the 'autism spectrum'. My guess is that subsequently,  he is a 'savant' in regard to guitar playing.👌🙏

His output is phenomenal. According to Wiki, he has released 306 albums, four special releases and 1 EP. Most of his albums are released as part of the 'Pikes Series' of 'mini albums' and are numbered ie: Pikes 1, Pikes 2 etc but they also have names. There are 275 Pikes albums!!

Some of his full studio albums and some of his Pikes albums are available on vinyl but they are not cheap.

There is even a Gibson Buckethead Signature Les Paul Guitar:

Edited by stevoz

Stax-Profiles-The-Staple-Singers-2006-50

The Staple Singers - Stax Profiles (Spotify 320kbps)

Streaming some Staple Singers while cooking dinner. Funky Stax soul with some gospel roots still about them.

Mavis is playing at WOMAD in a couple of weeks. I don't know how much voice she's got left, but I'm sure she'll have a crack band and put on a good show. Looking forward to that.

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

He is bloody amazing isn't he! Real name: Brian Patrick Carroll.

I suspect and have read unsubstantiated reports that he is on the 'autism spectrum'. My guess is that subsequently,  he is a 'savant' in regard to guitar playing.👌🙏

His output is phenomenal. According to Wiki, he has released 306 albums, four special releases and 1 EP. Most of his albums are released as part of the 'Pikes Series' of 'mini albums' and are numbered ie: Pikes 1, Pikes 2 etc but they also have names. There are 275 Pikes albums!!

Some of his full studio albums and some of his Pikes albums are available on vinyl but they are not cheap.

There is even a Gibson Buckethead Signature Les Paul Guitar:

I Know. Got a shock when l saw his list on Spotify. He is churning out 10-15 albums a year. Have listened to 3 of his albums. I especially like Crime Slunk Scene. So might try and find and purchase that. You would hardly buy his whole back catalogue. Pity he doesn't have a greatist hits list. Though l did notice a couple of live recordings. So maybe one of those too. Can't believe that l have not come across him before though.

No introduction required...

Peter Gabriel  'So'  1986 Charisma Records. Virgin Records. Made in USA by Disctronics ( clearly printed on the CD, however discogs indicates made in Aust. ).  CD.

147590724_PeterGabrielSo1986CharismaRecords.VirginRecords.MadeinUSAbyDisctronics_600.jpg.9f7c2be0a59c7b76e9014bf32bd66d23.jpg

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

A check on discogs indicates my copy is Aust. first pressing Yipee!

Madonna  'The Immaculate Collection'  1990 Sire Records. Warner.  WEA Aust.  Near Mint vinyl.

628825509_MadonnaTheImmaculateCollection1985SireRecords.Warner..JPG.e5c4b76d0d3afc0277d661a63bd3dd88.JPG

Edit - Oops...  meant for the Vinyl thread.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

Another CD needing no introduction, original Oz release, sound's pretty bloody good...

Santana  'Supernatural'  1999 Arista Records. BMG, Aust. Made by PMI.

1877299640_SantanaSupernatural1999AristaRecords.BMGAust.MadebyPMI_600.jpg.09ded5642c657f364c3c224e2a38bf9d.jpg

24 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

A check on discogs indicates my copy is Aust. first pressing Yipee!

Madonna  'The Immaculate Collection'  1985 Sire Records. Warner.  WEA Aust.  Near Mint vinyl.

628825509_MadonnaTheImmaculateCollection1985SireRecords.Warner..JPG.e5c4b76d0d3afc0277d661a63bd3dd88.JPG

Edit - Oops...  meant for the Vinyl thread.

Oh and it is 1990 I think 🙂

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-The-Immaculate-Collection/release/2897005

I have this too and it is a great pressing - congrats !!

Edited by April Snow

Just now, April Snow said:

Oh and it is 1990 I think 🙂

SH!T !!!

That's twice I've done that.  I edited the first post, but forgot the picture tag.

It won't happen again - I swear (haha).

5 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

SH!T !!!

That's twice I've done that.  I edited the first post, but forgot the picture tag.

It won't happen again - I swear (haha).

All is forgiven in love, peace & Madonna 🙂

Another great sounding CD...

Yello  '1980-1985 The New Mix in One Go'  Vertigo Records. PolyGram. Made by PMI - Repress.

831270177_Yello1980-1985TheNewMixinOneGoVertigoRecords.PolyGram.MadebyPMI-Repress..jpg.24ce9b4bfdbbfa1522e1d6c2552fc735.jpg