Currently Spinning

Listening to an iPhone with 2000 songs on random play

And a Blackeyed Susan’s song comes up with David McComb on vocals

And just as I am thinking about how much I miss This great singer and The Triffids and and feeling sad about his death and thinking how much I miss Grant McLennan the very next song is the GB’s with Grant singing

And a Kookaburra 

CECEA3AE-4BF5-4487-930C-A8A0F0538EA4.jpeg

67F231BD-906F-4CFE-817A-67DEDE53E2A9.jpeg

17454644-25D4-4A9D-91F2-326B0A8DEEF5.jpeg

• Like 4

The Byrds singing a Bob song

Dylan wrote the song at his audience 

or at least the ones who didn’t like his electric band

Jesus Is Just Alright the flip side of this Byrds single 

Well who would have thought that Roger the dodger McGuinn would become or was already a Christian 

Great song though and if it’s not on this phone it will be on one of 3 iPods phones or ex phones I use in different vehicles

7B0B7DCE-2890-49BC-99FA-EA9A300789CA.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Willmax said:

To wrap up the year. Cheers everyone!!!

R-3372863-1460385848-5167.jpeg.jpg

Interesting comparison. Winner? The Tannoy's!

Different style songs of course and the KEF's do sound nice but the Tannoys sound so tonally balanced and have an ear relaxing 'airyness'. Really nice......?

BTW, that Yammy amp isn't half bad......one of those was in the classifieds recently (or was it a similar CA-2000?). Such timeless vintage design.?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

Pacific Theatre Encore debuts with a reissue of an insanely rare breakbeat laden Soul Jazz holy grail from 1968 from the all-star inhouse band of the legendary nightclub Whiskey A Go Go in Kings Cross’ swinging sixties heyday, long before Sydney’s current lock out law induced coma. Having long contributed to the evolution of contemporary Australian Soul, Funk and Jazz, Lance Ferguson (The Bamboos, Lanu, Menagerie ex Cookin’ On 3 Burners), now aims to revive its history with a new reissue label. The first release on the label is undoubtedly one of Australia’s rarest and funkiest jazz albums.

It got a great review on Brian Wise's PBS Saturday morning show as among the best of 2019. Thanks for the reminder/ prompt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Love_music said:

A couple of Joy Division albums

1660771290_DivisionUnknown.jpg.f96affd218db677b888622b8bef789b4.jpg

Closer.jpg.65c543ba1cd53109a48cce6a2079dba3.jpg

Hi Love_music.

If you love Joy Divion, try this band Pink Turns Blue. Very Joy Division with a hint of Nick Cave (to me they are better than JD. Contentious l know). They are a 80s post punk/new wave German band. For me, this was the best album l heard in 2019 (via Spotify). Couldn't find a new copy anywhere over the last 6 months. But l got on their website mid December, and there it was.

This album was released in 2016.

I received it today from Germany. Only took 2 weeks. I have played it 3 times and loving it. It's a very well produced cd and has exceptual bass and drum production.

Have started to listen to their back catologue on Spotify. So more purchases to come (some are on vinyl). They didn't take of in their own country, because they would only sing in English. Our (my) gain.

Side note to JJ. I reckon you would like this band also.

15779461541705828451325607482963.jpg