mondie

Currently Spinning

Nice @stevoz, I know you've wanted a copy of that for a while.  Well done - Enjoy.

Aaron Martin & Leonardo Rosado - In The Dead Of Night When Everything Is Asleep

Related image

Edited by Dilettanteque

R-752948-1264451193.jpeg.jpg

This album has really interesting arrangements but I like it best when it rocks out. Which it does at refreshingly unpredictable intervals.

Dope  ‎– Dope Feat. Julian Cope.  nobody could ever say Julian Cope has sold out and gone commercial - another wacky but rather good album. originally released on cassette only in 2017, it got a release in 2018 of 500 copies worldwide.

Lfhg1fB.jpg

Haze by Black Willows.  Damn fine psych doom rock album.  Very cool.  Do like.

a2942402087_16.jpg

https://blackwillows.bandcamp.com/album/haze

And currently playing I am What I'm Becoming by Strippers in Love.  Awesome name ha.  Pretty good album too.  Maybe not quite up there with Haze, but it's doing the job at the moment.

a1694533324_16.jpg

https://strippersinlove.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-what-im-becoming

Really have the urge to listen to some Clouds Taste Satanic or Bongripper now though.  I dunno.  It's getting on, I'm drinking Coopers, and starting to feel like not cooking dinner.  Maybe I can listen to them both and forget that tomorrow will actually happen?  

The S*ithole Country & Boogie Band with Matts Gustaffson / Wendy Godeln and Wolfgang Voigt.

In 2018, Mats Gustafsson provided raw saxophonic material for the elusive Wendy Gondeln, who sometimes applied a scalpel, sometimes a pneumatic drill, to rework, remix, reimagine all the Swede's squeaks, pops, blats, and tones. In some places, Gondeln adds violent violin to thicken the roux, making Ornette's fiddling seem like Yehudi Menuhin. Uncommon bedfellows: disjunct techno and improvised music. But the Shitholes make it work brilliantly, even inviting minimal techno pioneer and co-founder of Cologne's seminal Kompakt label Wolfgang Voigt to edit and remix two of the twisted tracks. The CD's other guest star, engineer Martin Siewert, contributes guitar and lap top guitar to a couple of tracks. Not your usual any kind of music, The Shithole Country & Boogie Band bends genres and upends style. Spasmodic dance music or highly conceptual experimental sound art -- it's a thin line Gondeln and Gustafsson tread on these eight diverse tracks, but an irresistibly fun one, too. - Forced Exposure.

Personnel: Wendy Gondeln - violin, electronic treatments, and more; Mats Gustafsson - piano mate, saxophones, and live electronics; Wolfgang Voigt - editing and mix (track 3 and 8); Martin Siewert - guitar and lap top guitar (track 1 and 7).

CVSD062CD_CU.jpg

7 hours ago, YCC said:

Ry Cooder, "Jazz"IMG_20190209_171344070.thumb.jpg.b29c1a9b91cd72e5f5d9af193f5bb07e.jpg

Bin that nasty wrinkly PVC outer sleeve mate before it damages (hazes) the vinyl, and or the records either side  of it when you shelve it!  Sometime the 1980s OZ  made PVC 'protector' sleeves even stick to the record jacket, requiring liberal use of lighter fluid to prise it off to avoid losing half the artwork....

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters

8 hours ago, Muon N' said:

923817953_ELOBestOf.jpg.8096306ec1e89b4aea65462647f8e00c.jpg

I must've bought that CD in '97 or '98. Double, chock full of songs. Most of them good, a few meh from the later era. Still cracking good!

Cheers,

Alberto

Morning All,

Wings Of An Angel, Apocalyptic Love Poems For The End Of The World, part of a large (450+) Bandcamp collection of Ambient / Drone music for $US 0.50 +

1807058270_WingsAngel.jpg.6226cd244fbd364057bb703ac4505c56.jpg

JJ

8 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Bin that nasty wrinkly PVC outer sleeve mate before it damages (hazes) the vinyl, and or the records either side  of it when you shelve it!  Sometime the 1980s OZ  made PVC 'protector' sleeves even stick to the record jacket, requiring liberal use of lighter fluid to prise it off to avoid losing half the artwork....

Have done so as advised.. thanks

Guest Muon N'

Never heard of this lady, but chanced it and like it.

525872577_LauraFygiBewitched.jpg.607e77969cbbce58b8c2ce548a96cfbc.jpg

A Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra La La Band - F*@k Off, Get Free, We Pour Light On Everything

Image result for A Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra La La Band - F*@k Off, Get Free, We Pour Light On Everything album cover

2 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

Max Richter - From Sleep

Image result for Max Richter - From Sleep

A friend of my wife went to a performance of this at the Sydney opera house. It was performed in the foyer from the evening through until dawn of the next day while the audience listened from or slept on cots provided

E690FEF8-3ECF-4B56-B137-BBCDE4786D93.jpeg.4f6f07b4b094b881b0f505da35f1078a.jpeg

inspired by the storm happening in Melbourne right now

24 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

A friend of my wife went to a performance of this at the Sydney opera house. It was performed in the foyer from the evening through until dawn of the next day while the audience listened from or slept on cots provided

I was so upset that i missed this. Did they say it was good?  I must say, weird construct to spend a small fortune on tix to sleep over at Opera house for 8 hour performance with the inducement that you miss as much of it as possible through sleep. 🤨