Currently Spinning

1 hour ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Lustmord - The Place Where The Black Stars Hang.

images - 2019-11-21T022132.187.jpeg

My copy of this CD has a different cover ... been so long since I listened to it ... like distant howling in the darkest depths of hell. Eerie stuff.

--Geoff

• Like 2

2 hours ago, metal beat said:

that SUKS Cliff.        Amazon have completely fccuked up in AU by not allowing you to order from amazon uk, de, ca , It.    the range on amazon au is crap and nowhere near as extensive as the Euro/UK amazon sites.      amazon USA is OK, but most releases and pressings I prefer are from Europe.

all amazon has done is lose a LOT of business.    actually saved me a bit of $$ in the last 15 months.

Amazon ES, JP and FR also blocked.

Yes, that's how I'm seeing it. It will save me lots of money! ;)

At least I can use Youshop (same as your Shopmate) freight forwarding service for Amazon UK. But VAT won't be taken off,  15% GST will be added and extra shipping cost.

Wynton Marsalis - Black Codes (From The Underground)

R-395747-1112839368.jpg.jpg.68f9f55da35a6f6bdcbda7169060c8e3.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, hired goon said:

My copy of this CD has a different cover ... been so long since I listened to it ... like distant howling in the darkest depths of hell. Eerie stuff.

--Geoff

Mine has the image below, so may as well play it:

Lustmord.jpg.867f845e9087a927d26c697049227b87.jpg

• Like 3

Manfred Mann's Earth Band "Chance" Canadian 1st pressing.

Giving this another spin to see if it grows on me.....initial listens have it sounding to me a bit too 80's soft rock. I definitely prefer their proggier 70's stuff but I think there is enough here (and enough Moog wizardry) to like and warm to.

https://img.discogs.com/VxzGBcYgw5zIfR9RUGgs4LNAh88=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-9129093-1475271062-6461.jpeg.jpg
Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3

Gene Clark - No Other 2019 4AD Vinyl Reissue 

After hearing the superb 2018 Intervention Records’ AAA reissue of White Light, I was eagerly waiting for them to do the same for No Other.

No luck for that but this 4AD reissue sounds excellent. Very quiet pressing by Optimal Media, there’s heaps of details, clear and open with very punchy bass. Obviously a digital remaster but still retained some analogue sound. Positively a big improvement over the MoV reissue but not as good as the Intervention White Light. Highly recommended if you are a fan of No Other!

2798E8E3-EBD9-4B95-9C17-5EEDF3CD80EB.jpeg

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 2
  • Love 1