mondie

Currently Spinning

Hi All,

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Kicking Against the Pr!cks

Pricks.jpg.c773965a601c0d014ac1de22d491a66d.jpg

JJ

Something recommended by friendly revenue maximising record store bloke when I bought a pile of vinyl yesterday ...

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka

Image result for michael kiwanuka rolling with the times

Inspired recommendation :) (I think he was tired of me talking about Supersilent)

The daughters are going to like this!

Edited by Dilettanteque

1 hour ago, Dilettanteque said:

Something recommended by friendly revenue maximising record store bloke when I bought a pile of vinyl yesterday ...

Inspired recommendation :) (I think he was tired of me talking about Supersilent)

Thanks for that, mr d. Never heard of him. A Brit with Ugandan roots. Very nice. 👍

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Kicking Against the Pr!cks

Pricks.jpg.c773965a601c0d014ac1de22d491a66d.jpg

JJ

This album reminds me of all that is wrong with the world. Mainly governments.

Merry Christmas everyone.

5 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Thanks for that, mr d. Never heard of him. A Brit with Ugandan roots. Very nice. 👍

Yes, made me recall that exactly a year ago I stumbled on J P Bimeni & The Black Belts, another African-in-Britain pleaseure!

A subsequent search in the forums has shown that i have clearly not been paying attention re Kiwanuka. 😐

1 hour ago, Dilettanteque said:

Picked up his first album, from JBs a couple of months ago. Deluxe, double cd...for $2. Loved the price and the cd more. Not heard of him.

Was in the Indie section, so thought nothing to lose.

7 minutes ago, Neurone said:

Earlier

312303405_ArnaldsFrahm.jpg.6ef001ea6bc322dcb94b9b74353be290.jpg

Now

Big.png.041445e858c10ee2831ce23de0eb6dde.png

Just picked up Stare on vinyl this afternoon :)

William Basinski - The Disintegation Loops II 

Boomkat Product Review:
Having found acres of tape he'd archived in the 1980's, Basinski decided they should be converted to digital format in order to preserve them from decay.

Too late old chap! During the transition process he found them disintegrating before his eyes, 'so why not let this natural erosion take place and document the results?' he thought. So he did. Beguiling in a way that cannot be readily described, a whole thesaurus could be pissed up the wall trying to capture the fragmented and illusory beauty of these pieces. With a drifting proclivity that is both alarming and comforting, soundscapes break on the shore whilst barely glimpsed rhythms circulate in the background. Consisting of two extra-long pieces that could go on for ever, 'The Disintegration Loops' series is not to be missed.

images (83).jpeg

The Jompson Brothers - 'Selftitled' .. Rock band fronted by Chris Stapleton. It's so good! I've seen a lot of live stuff by them on youtube over the years, just discovered their album is on Tidal, got it absolutely pumping. 👌👌 For lovers of Clutch.. Southern flavoured groove hard rock? lol

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
Image link stuffed up

Tori Amos ‎– Native Invader.  Tori's latest album from 2017.   while she is in her mid 50's, she is still hot :heart: and still writing great music  - mastered by Miles Showell @ Abbey Road.

Qyr3BSA.jpg

O9L1iKO.jpg

Edited by metal beat

a3007184391_16.jpg

Goldston / Baker / Belfi - The Passion of Joan of Arc -- mostly solo cello, dark and brooding, with some guitar & drums backing, getting a bit cacophonous in places . "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

Have 42 teachers here and a couple of principals/headmasters as well as their partners  and various hangers on...in total close to 80 bods I think.

They all think they like to party and indeed they do. They party to Amy Winehouse and they party to the Eagles and they party to Spotify's party list for cool people.

They can use their ph's to change the music. There's cheers and groans in equal measure as each shitty mp3 song from their youth comes on.

I stepped in and said enuff is enuff you wallys.

image.png.75e199b78f8630f4c62c28a2d6880094.png

Track 9. Inside Looking Out.

It's playing at about 14 on the Sansui dial, and is 1004Kbps. Not as good as my  vinyl but for these bumpkins it'll do.

Who is that? Geez that's loud!! Any Billy Joel? Got some ACCA DACCA? (No actually...sorry about that. Why don't you ask me for some Dire Straits? I don't have any or Pink F or even Dr John😋)

Meanwhile this 3 piece from 1970 just clear the room and ...someone was overheard to say; He likes heavy metal!  Live in Japan is obviously next.

Or Beck...lol.

*If you'd like me to DJ your next party/wedding/21st/Wake then just PM me.

** What a track this is. I need to hear it through @joz 's giant beyond belief system. (also need some wine while there Joe to appreciate it fully) It absolutely screms(screms? It's like a scream but louder said in a fruity voice) out for maximum volume and few systems can do that comfortably but I think the Illuminaters would...

25 minutes ago, Luc said:

Have 42 teachers here and a couple of principals/headmasters as well as their partners  and various hangers on...in total close to 80 bods I think.

They all think they like to party and indeed they do. They party to Amy Winehouse and they party to the Eagles and they party to Spotify's party list for cool people.

They can use their ph's to change the music. There's cheers and groans in equal measure as each shitty mp3 song from their youth comes on.

I stepped in and said enuff is enuff you wallys.

image.png.75e199b78f8630f4c62c28a2d6880094.png

Track 9. Inside Looking Out.

It's playing at about 14 on the Sansui dial, and is 1004Kbps. Not as good as my  vinyl but for these bumpkins it'll do.

Who is that? Geez that's loud!! Any Billy Joel? Got some ACCA DACCA? (No actually...sorry about that. Why don't you ask me for some Dire Straits? I don't have any or Pink F or even Dr John😋)

Meanwhile this 3 piece from 1970 just clear the room and ...someone was overheard to say; He likes heavy metal!  Live in Japan is obviously next.

Or Beck...lol.

*If you'd like me to DJ your next party/wedding/21st/Wake then just PM me.

** What a track this is. I need to hear it through @joz 's giant beyond belief system. (also need some wine while there Joe to appreciate it fully) It absolutely screms(screms? It's like a scream but louder said in a fruity voice) out for maximum volume and few systems can do that comfortably but I think the Illuminaters would...

Love it!!

*Oh just one more mention before I  head off to the beach(Early morning fish before the heat gets up so  sleeping in the car just a wee bit above the tonights high tide mark0

1 minute ago, oots said:

Moon Duo - Circles

moon duo circles.jpg

The one thing I'd really like to see in this thread is an explanation, an exculpation of why  members post an album pic and that is it..end of story.

We don't all know who your liking via this album pic.

Give us the back story. Who are they/him/her. Briefly give us a reason to listen to them.

* My album of the year ( @proftournesol really? How about a tiny little precis why, in the context of this thread? Like, here's a link to what the critics say or something else along those lines. Why is it that good?)

7 minutes ago, Luc said:

* My album of the year ( @proftournesol really? How about a tiny little precis why, in the context of this thread? Like, here's a link to what the critics say or something else along those lines. Why is it that good?)

I'm an Underworld fan anyway, but Drift was a project where Underworld pledged to release new music every week for 12 months. No fillers, the 6 CD series includes an amazing 34 minute single take collaboration with The Necks. Given how dysfunctional the band was for a long time and Karl Hyde's substance abuse problems, as a body f work, it's their best stuff in a long time. There's a great article on this project in a recent MOJO

@proftournesol Now that's the detail I wish for and seek here.

You know this this detail, others know it but I don't know it and many more than me don't know it.

*Underworld were on the ABC yesterday, RN.

One more observation before heading to the beach.

dsf 5644Kbps, remastered . 2014.

THIS>>>>>>> image.png.3cd62209dd1ab460d9653d7bfe62bd07.png

Track 11. (of 12, just after Brass In Pocket) Sansui set at 12 o'clock(yes...that's loud you can't stand in the room but it reverberates out and around to the multitude of bodies here).

The difference between this and a FLAC is chalk and cheese, absolutely no comparison.

Compared to vinyl?  Hmmm, there's a Je ne sais quoi here and i'm not sure at times which way it goes.

This hi-rez file has it all and it's playing through a pretty low-fi system.  Several buttons to press to turn it all on and there might be a dac there somewhere but it's amp+streamer+speakers and some wires basically and all the teachers here think I'm the God of music...

*Gotta love alcohol and music eh.(not me1 I'm driving remember).

** This is an excellent remaster though. I've listened to it on vinyl and I don't think it quite has the chutzpah this has at volume. Normal levels maybe.

Cheers  and morning pics of the beach sunrise up here near Byron will be in the fishing thread(yes we have one)👊