mondie

Currently Spinning

Hi All,

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Murder Of The Universe

658772799_MunderKGTLW.jpg.38edd4c88ca696a324ac91f5cadf9ee2.jpg

JJ

This one again, 'cos it sounds so good...

Lou Reed  'The Raven'  2003 Sire Records.

1704618256_LouReedTheRaven2003SireRecords..jpg.77abcd88153e4fc834569815e0883d6f.jpg

Another album I listened to at Sime's place on Sunday... see Get Together section.

ABBA  'Super Trouper'  1980 Polar, Epic, Atlantic Records.

845337291_ABBASuperTrouper1980PolarEpicAtlanticRecords_600.jpg.c5a20037e87fe0083f17a0fd555512b5.jpg

I've always loved ABBA.

Hearing it at Sime's was very comforting, like 'most' of his choices it was a very pleasant listening experience.  When I write 'most' I simply mean the old Metal I requested was fully revealed for what they are, average to good at best.

Mansionair ‎– Shadowboxer.  released earlier this year, just bought it.  I did not realise these guys are from Sydney. Leftfield electronic pop.   absolutely love the track Alibi and this guys voice is amazing as he almost sounds like a girl.   The album sounds great so far.  

SVoi8W2.jpg

2 hours ago, metal beat said:

Mansionair ‎– Shadowboxer.  released earlier this year, just bought it.  I did not realise these guys are from Sydney. Leftfield electronic pop.   absolutely love the track Alibi and this guys voice is amazing as he almost sounds like a girl.   The album sounds great so far.  

SVoi8W2.jpg

^^ really liked Astronaut so got the album just on that track alone it get a weekly spin. mines a bit noisy in places - particularly thru the transition into said Astronaut. C/D is cleaner than A/B 

Edited by wasabijim

Morning All,

Beginning the day with Fripp & Eno, The Equatorial Stars

EnoStars.jpg.20292a0ac76b059509d69e607f465deb.jpg

JJ

7 hours ago, wasabijim said:

^^ really liked Astronaut so got the album just on that track alone it get a weekly spin. mines a bit noisy in places - particularly thru the transition into said Astronaut. C/D is cleaner than A/B 

Yea, Astronaut is great as well. Good to hear another who owns this album- it is v good.

Mine also has a little noise, mainly at the start of sides 3 and 4.   Flattening record 2 overnight and will clean again.   Hopefully will improve a bit, but generally at start of albums, not so much improvement. 

11 hours ago, metal beat said:

I'm with you @metal beat, I quite like these guys.  Saw them when they supported CHVRCHES a year or so ago and caught my attention. Good enough to return to a few times. 

Edited by Dilettanteque

Was about to spin The Aints - Church Of Simultaneous Existence to accompany the morning's work,  but the effusive responses to young local bands above has turned my head.......how easily influenced  :) 

Crooked Colours  -  Langata

Image result for Crooked Colours - Langata

Hot Chip ‎– A Bath Full Of Ecstasy 2lp's - new 2019 album. superb recording, great music, mastered @ the Exchange by Mike Marsh and pressed perfectly @ Optimal, Germany.    

What more can one want from a vinyl release?      

KQyctKJ.jpg