Jump to content

mondie

Currently Spinning

Recommended Posts

Billie Holiday - Lady in Satin

 

image.png.9caf29ecebe5626929c68710cfe25168.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Al Di Meola - Land of the Midnight Sun.

 

image.png.f300359b102f3c6d9714ed971039479f.png

 

I very much dislike the (Aldi?) cover art on this album (generic/pretentious/cheesy), but it doesn't change the fact it be an awesome album.

Edited by zippi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Reyne S/T solo debut, Oz 1st pressing.....mastered on copper by Allan Parsons (not of 'Project') at EMI Studios 301, no mention of Maxicut but it indeed sounds excellent.

 

https://img.discogs.com/S0laq8bQU1so-z2VYZed-nKLUp8=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1340826-1255576284.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@stevoz   I have that and it does sound excellent.

 

Hot Chip ‎– The Warning & Made In The Dark.  double shot of sweetness with Hot Chip.

 

9L7pY7E.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just giving my new (to me, anyway) Oppo 95 JLTi player some Police to feed upon. Thanks @Warren M. for the player and support.

Something for the dual/ stereo subwoofers soon. Maybe some Testament?

The Police - Live !

 

1178137792_Police-Live.jpg.c2a03798f27977fde8f8390ddfc3b192.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Going to try and rip about 40 - 50 CDs this afternoon, so all digital afternoon until dinner. Currently listening to 3 Legged Dog, The Cruel Sea

 

1324707816_3LeggedDog.jpg.29b188ef4b73753432d363fd31e93cb0.jpg

 

JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far today, Steely Dan, Aja followed by Joni Mitchell, Mingus

 

230290690_AjaSteely.jpg.70d7f58bf47ec5c229b5e78c8b0c3079.jpg

 

Mingus.jpg.6163474cd05e50708fe422f9699428f8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier

 

542477986_DireStraits.png.ddf313f05967c34a62b18946df8476d1.png

 

Recently

 

671718122_TenNewSongs.jpg.b171a42074cf7787bca4c8191b1c8a72.jpg

 

Currently

 

247115811_AtomHeart.jpg.e910c72d7ad3cf688c700e845f7b847e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Boy & Bear ‎– Suck On Light.    really good album let down by the oh so pretty coloured vinyl.

 

The fixation with POS coloured vinyl is very frustrating. At it's very very best it sounds as good as black vinyl. This is not one of them. This sounds OK and I have heard a lot worse coloured vinyl as at least it is a quiet pressing.
There is a good recording somewhere but this is typical coloured vinyl with a muted top end and an overall smeared polite view of the music.

  This becomes a complete PITA when coloured vinyl is the only choice.

 

ukA1Zl7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing now, a bit of Status Quo - GOLD.

 

1596429186_GoldQuo.jpg.f32620f3a28dda83bc5d06f6093dfc98.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Morning All,

 

Starting the day with Wings of An Angel, atmospheric piano with occasional drums and / guitar

 

252079695_WingsAngel.jpg.091b24d7eb66ac05261379c155fb2169.jpg

 

JJ

This guy is nuts,in a nice way!Incredibly prolific,seems every second day he posts something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Just had a very quick look at the link.  Very interesting, will have to dive deeper.

 

Thanks mate.

Ant.

Me too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Have listened to a couple of songstresses whilst ripping

 

188868844_CassandraCountry.jpg.b5eef3c321f16b51680fdcde6ab8b04f.jpg

 

1322185004_NorahHearts.jpg.48ef68522b894d39d5db057fd1cffa65.jpg

 

JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oots said:

This guy is nuts,in a nice way!Incredibly prolific,seems every second day he posts something new.

 

Every second day? Ol' Mr Wings is getting slack. It used to be an album every day back in my day .. 

 

--Geoff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Ott - Skylon, done about 30 rips so that's enough for today

 

263751980_OttSkylon.jpg.5e4d5c5716eefbd45c9a4fae6b4d9e0f.jpg

 

JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Aaron Martin & Leonardo - In The Dead Of The Night When Everything Is Asleep

Image result for Aaron Martin & Leonardo - In The Dead Of The Night When Everything Is Asleep album cover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Aldi today and decided to grab the Guns'n'Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine" live LP to see how it stacks up. Spinning it now......will report more on the Aldi vinyl thread......but so far it's not disgusting, in fact far from it.🤨

 

 
image.jpeg.fbbbe6a73d5f55eef8091b2527c58622.jpeg
 
Edited by stevoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much earlier....                                                                                                                                                                                          
809391467_formblues.jpg.1d8d4c2691c740f8de77628cfdcf8921.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing now...

mck1.jpg.07012a16921a4513d4106ab9efdd131e.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have put on a CD in the home system 

Yes I know - It’s been a while 😎 but the wife told me to get out of the kitchen 
 

Spinning now as I post 

 

Artist - Rush 

Title - A Farewell To Kings 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Went to Aldi today and decided to grab the Guns'n'Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine" live LP to see how it stacks up. Spinning it now......will report more on the Aldi vinyl thread......but so far it's not disgusting, in fact far from it.🤨

 

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/X3sAAOSwOYZd3oyv/s-l640.jpg
 

Nice to hear the quality is ok ,have they got much of a selection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oots said:

Nice to hear the quality is ok ,have they got much of a selection?

Here is their selection:

image.png.e00ec8b5f884e246e548251faa77276f.pngimage.png.b7b4aa083f1037b4567e37b342be2914.pnghttps://www.stereo.net.au/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/Products/Special_Buys/Special_Buys_2019/Week_50/SAT/WK50_PD_388x314_54e.jpg&key=aa0cd0c3355b5edf954245c97ef958ee952c6f1c5b93bd98f74608e8732a6753https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/Products/Special_Buys/Special_Buys_2019/Week_50/SAT/WK50_PD_388x314_54a.jpg&key=ea76aaf7efa89ead07b68037c16bb2bd2cb81936e9dd6f9f2414b608b68a3259https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/Products/Special_Buys/Special_Buys_2019/Week_50/SAT/WK50_PD_388x314_54b.jpg&key=9df561223bfde2e422d6990867064f0ac5ab9e62c81d99bf120f7f107e42de43

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevoz said:

Here is their selection:

image.png.e00ec8b5f884e246e548251faa77276f.pngimage.png.b7b4aa083f1037b4567e37b342be2914.pnghttps://www.stereo.net.au/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/Products/Special_Buys/Special_Buys_2019/Week_50/SAT/WK50_PD_388x314_54e.jpg&key=aa0cd0c3355b5edf954245c97ef958ee952c6f1c5b93bd98f74608e8732a6753https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/Products/Special_Buys/Special_Buys_2019/Week_50/SAT/WK50_PD_388x314_54a.jpg&key=ea76aaf7efa89ead07b68037c16bb2bd2cb81936e9dd6f9f2414b608b68a3259https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/Products/Special_Buys/Special_Buys_2019/Week_50/SAT/WK50_PD_388x314_54b.jpg&key=9df561223bfde2e422d6990867064f0ac5ab9e62c81d99bf120f7f107e42de43

 

Thanks,could be a lot worse than those,some decent stuff there.

P.S. I think I should just have had a look at the Aldi site myself,my apologies!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

61h7hk9aH6L._SX522_.jpg

 

Simple Minds - Live In The City Of Light -- picked up this remastered slim 2xCD live set for $0.50 today ... then realized after I'd ripped it that I already own the original 2xCD fatbox edition. Spinning it anyway, but I am getting forgetful in my dotage, as I also picked up a Black Sabbath - Reunion 2xCD live set today for $0.50 that I already owned xD

 

--Geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...