Currently Spinning

With respect to the Cars and their song Drive, I have a strong preference for Stannard Ridgway's - "Drive, she said".

Also, I find the tune "Camouflage" to be as moving as Redgum's "I was only 19". 

I know, big talk, right? Now listen to the Big Heat.

1750337229_StanR.jpg.f4fa932ea7f72550ae3e01391e55d6fe.jpg

Edited by Uncle Seth
correct a song title
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, blakey72 said:
On 04/10/2019 at 5:06 PM, needlerunner said:

They are Swedish Blake.?

Yeah that's what I said, great Italian band ?

I really enjoy this "silly" type of humor. Often illicits an eye-roll or whatever but I reckon there should be more of it.

Kudos @blakey72

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Abbey Road is the number 1 record

must be a hell of a lot of 70 and 80 year olds still on the loose from institutions 

???

image.jpg

The Back Seat of my Car is also a song by the Dwarves.

The song is a lot shorter, faster and some might say ferocious and focused.

3 hours ago, zippi said:

I really enjoy this "silly" type of humor. Often illicits an eye-roll or whatever but I reckon there should be more of it.

Kudos @blakey72

Too right Blake. Music, humour, red wine. Not necessarily in that order.  And. You got the Green Spoon album right. Yep. they're aussie. 

Very laid back day today.  

Started with Alaskan Tapes this morning.  Nice.  Great chilled way to start the day.

a2429409819_16.jpg

https://alaskantapes.bandcamp.com/album/views-from-sixteen-stories

Then Ludovico Einaudi this afternoon with Day 1 of Seven Days Walking.  Ahh, yep.  Which reminded me hopefully I should be getting the box set delivered sometime soon.  Hopefully.  I'll be annoyed if it isn't.

IMG_20191006_172442-01.jpg.1e47687fbe1adb9db866bcdbd5de43f4.jpg

Then a single song.

And finishing with Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds with Skeleton Tree.  That first song man...

31BAVAhmlcL._SY355_.jpg

Although I really need to finish listening to the Ghosteen stream.  It would have gone down a treat today.

I think tomorrow might have to be a metal day though...  :whistle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

The Black Heart Procession - 2

Image result for The Black Heart Procession - 2

Heard these guys support dirty three at the forum in Melbourne in around ‘03. Never heard of them before that but holy hell, what a show! I love when a support band creeps up on you and makes your night :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RankStranger said:

Heard these guys support dirty three at the forum in Melbourne in around ‘03. Never heard of them before that but holy hell, what a show! I love when a support band creeps up on you and makes your night :)

Wow - what a show that would have been....i didn't know they had been to Aus.  I had an obsessive period with this band some 8 years ago.  A night with them and Dirty Three would have been very special!

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 1