Currently Spinning

10 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Jeez, it must be about 30 years  since I've played my Big Country lp! ;)

Must give it a spin.

i just realised i still have all the lyrics down,been to see them twice in recent years,obviously not the original line because of poor stuart but i just needed to hear the songs live after missing out while living in england for the first 35 years of my life (i had a ticket to see them in blackpool in 88 when the seer came out as a fresh faced 18 year old but had to give it up for a family crisis),i had a ball at both gigs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

A big fan of Elbow, so giving this a spin.

Elbow.jpg.9d0cd30a9b3e62f652588b26cb280070.jpg

JJ

i just completed my elbow albums collection (on cd) just last weekend when i picked up dead in the boot,i love elbow.if you haven't got cast of thousands it's worth it just for "grace under pressure" alone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, metal beat said:

@Citroen  Cliff, for you mate.  I saw it last night @ 25% off, so picked it up.  It's impressed me more on first listen compared to their first album.

45286288535_216da91fef_b.jpg

Not sure why you're singling me out re: this one! ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, souljay said:
59 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Not sure why but the track listing on the cover bares no resemblance to the actual song order... 

yeah on the back of mine it says "see label for running order" 

It's when the artwork has been finalised and printed before the music has been mastered and sequenced.  I have a few albums that do this.  Bloody annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

Been way to long between drinks playing this.   Such fun.  Really well produced.  Album just full of dynamics.

Regards Cazzesman

220px-BobSegerLiveBullet.jpg

One of my favourite live albums. As you say, it's heaps of fun and his concerts would have been a great night out.

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

You mentioned it the other day and said it was brilliant with ❤️❤️

Yes, but that was yesterday.  I barely remember what I've said ten minutes ago ;)

And yes, it is a brilliant album. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

a2355609375_14.jpg

Julian Wolfreys - Poems -- a different release from this prolific English artist who dabbles in many styles, with this one being a collection of understated and elegant singer/songwriter tunes, with lyrics drawn from the poems of W.B. Yeats (at least as much as I recognize from my meagre readings). The songs alternate between a huskier vocal style (reminding me a bit of Aussie singers like Angus Stone or Boy & Bear) and a deeper, more refined English croon (reminding me a bit of Richard Hawley or The Apartments). Whatever ... I like it a lot. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff   

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 2

To Top