Currently Spinning

Just now, TerryO said:

Thanks YCC, just listened to this artist for the first on Tidal and very much enjoyed the album. Thanks for recommending her, over the next week I will listen to some of her other albums. ... cheers Terry

yes, she's done these familiar tunes slightly differently, in her own style..which I find refreshing...cheers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Try these YCC. Paula's got a beautiful voice. :wub: Tailor made for Jobim's music.

images (35).jpg

images (34).jpg

Must be same chick as this one... thanks, will check out these titles too.... just picked up the only title of hers in stock at JB hi-fi. 

IMG_20171102_162049142.jpg

Edited by YCC
  • Like 1

"Manassas" their self-titled debut album was a landmark recording. Very hard to follow up...so when "Down the Road" was released, it didn't live up to expectations... however, it's still a very enjoyable set, especially the Latin-tinged tracks.

IMG_20171102_183204994.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Citroen said:

Grace Jones - Island Life lp

5f94e544acc27ec44a1743410fc989ab.jpg

As a young man, I bought this purely for the cover and was almost as impressed by what lay between the grooves as what was on the cover.  As a middle aged man, I haven't changed my mind.  If any album ever highlighted the advantages of vinyl over CD, this was it - the CD cover was just wayyy too small.  

I'm chilling listening to Low Birth Weight by Piano Magic.

Image result for low birth weight piano magic

The cover is nowhere near as exciting, nor is the music.  It is, however, a wonderful way to wind down a hectic day and refresh the mind.  I'm enjoying it immensely.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, metal beat said:

Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark?.   2nd album from these young English rockers.  rocking good album - recording and pressing is superb.  the tight punchy drum sound on this album is so well recorded. How the hell do they get such a big sound from drums, bass guitar and vocals.

Lights Out has to be the best single of 2017

36839180360_731094bb82_h.jpg

Just heard it now.  It's softer than their first album, which happens all the time, disappointingly.  I love their sound from a two-piece band though.  This has a Muse vibe to it for me, which isn't a bad thing!

• Like 3

Mad Season - Live At The Moore 2LP

I was 'meh' on the 'Above' album, and never bothered to chase it on vinyl, but then I heard this on MP3.

Still don't have the 1st LP, but am loving this newer double live LP.

Layne is in fantastic voice, the band sound awesome, jamming together beautifully and it features (here's something I never thought I'd say) some of the coolest and most effective rock saxophone I've ever heard. It's a pity the mixers had to add in so much fake crowd noise in the back to boost the atmosphere, as this just wasn't necessary, and smoothes the whole thing out too much between songs. But the in-song performances are terrific.

Just a great listen over two slabs of wax.

mad-season-layne-staley.jpg

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Mad Season - Live At The Moore 2LP

I was 'meh' on the 'Above' album, and never bothered to chase it on vinyl, but then I heard this on MP3.

Still don't have the 1st LP, but am loving this newer double live LP.

Layne is in fantastic voice, the band sound awesome, jamming together beautifully and it features (here's something I never thought I'd say) some of the coolest and most effective rock saxophone I've ever heard. It's a pity the mixers had to add in so much fake crowd noise in the back to boost the atmosphere, as this just wasn't necessary, and smoothes the whole thing out too much between songs. But the in-song performances are terrific.

Just a great listen over two slabs of wax.

mad-season-layne-staley.jpg

OT I know but I've stayed at the Moore in Seattle!  The rooms are as grungy as the theatre!

• Like 2