Working my way through this 3 disc set on a glorious day here in Brissy.

I now have tickets to see Ed and my favourite drummer Jim White in June at the Triffid, should be a great gig.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbKT4qEmcIQo7k51AV23Z

• Like 4
  • Replies 77.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Janjuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

Pink Floyd - Meddle.

Still a fantastic listen. I have always loved the production & sound TCS and Tony Cohen created together.

IMG_20210409_110327.png

• Like 7

Late arvo/evening Home Alone.   WooooooHoooo

Started slow

Robert Cray

now warmed up so went with  

Korn - Untouchables

onto

Masterplan - Masterplan with the Legendary Jorn

onto

Hughes/Iommi - Fused.  What a killer Album.

I need a cigarette and I don't even smoke.   Yikes.   The Kii 3's were burnin up the sky!!!!!!!

Regards a sated Cazzesman

cray.jpg

korn.jpg

masterplan.jpg

fused.jpg

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Madonna

Erotica

Limited Numbered Gold Tour  1993 Edition

Australia

with Poster still in tact

My first concert -  The Girlie Show at the MCG  Melbourne ? and picked up the CD in Melbourne.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 8.26.17 pm.png

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Hi All,

Centre by Mt. Mountain

793018936_CentrebyMt.Mountain.jpg.167d973afc3103faad73289ec01514b2.jpg

From Bandcamp:

Australian five-piece Mt. Mountain will release their fourth album, ‘Centre’, on February 26th 2021 via London’s Fuzz Club Records. Hailing from Perth, Australia, Mt. Mountain deal in a sprawling, motorik psychedelic rock sound that journeys between tranquil, drone-like meditations and raucous, full-throttle wig-outs that’ll blow your mind as much as your speakers. Taking cues from Krautrock pioneers like Neu! and Can whilst existing in a similar world to contemporaries like Moon Duo, Kikagaku Moyo and Minami Deutsch, Mt. Mountain are formidable torchbearers of the minimal-is-maximal tradition.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Amy Winehouse, ‎ Lioness: Hidden Treasures. Lioness Records ‎– 2790333 CD, Australasia 2011.

hidden treasures, diamonds & rust perhaps?

Lioness: Hidden Treasures (CD, Album) album cover

I love this album, it is one of my top Favs - on vinyl it is gorgeous - "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" is devine.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, April Snow said:

I love this album, it is one of my top Favs - on vinyl it is gorgeous - "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" is devine.

Yes it is a great version.  I was implying that a couple of the tracks such as Girl from Ipanema are a bit ordinary & her voice is at times as raspy as Billie Holiday's last recordings  for Columbia (Lady in Satin).  

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 1

Another big arvo/evening.  Wife in her Batcave (read that as Arts/Craft room)   Best thing I ever built for her ?

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous (2012 Remaster) CD1 only.   Who wants alittle more Irish in them. ?

Devin Townsend - Addicted .  Glorious DT and Anneke

Howe, Wooten, Chambers - Extraction - Scintillating stuff.  A true gem of a CD for the genre.

Spy V Spy - Spy Files - Aussie royalty in my youth.  Still rocks.

Regards Cazzesman

thin.jpg

dt.jpg

howe.jpg

spy.jpg

• Like 1

long time no silver love :ph34r:

Fave track: Ain't Gone n Give Up on Love ?

IMG_6706.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
tpyos
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zsnAZm2nTYY/UsZwppf4huI/AAAAAAAAD50/l_l_zCT1mkI/s1600/irish.jpg

Irish contemporary and trad from an album from long ago. Not sure but I think Sharon Shannon's 'Potholes' was the first Irish folk song to mash it up in Triple J's hottest 100 and it's a fantastic track.

But in this album you discover Neil and Tim Finn at the height of Crowded and Tim's  popularity singing to their Irish roots. The names on the album contain Irish folk scene/roots scene royalty but also people like U2's lads acknowledging their roots.

It's a fantastic album to use as a primer to some great artists(a couple now dead) and the Irish folk and Trad scene is a close one and this will lead you on and on if you wish via a search for the names.

* Edit; Oh and for any fans of Sinead O'Connor she does a lovely rendition of Patrick Kavanagh's Raglan Road. For fans of Dire Straights this will lead you to Knopfler's rendition of this poem and eventually it'll lead you to the original rendition of this by the silky voiced Luke Kelly(RIP. taken many years before his prime) of The Dubliners.

And for something special. This is a trad Irish singer, the fact that he's accompanied by a guitar and not singing in Gaelic means it's not technically Sean-nós style singing but it's close in it's immediacy. The clip and the performance is in Dublin on site of the sculpture celebrating the memory and presence of  Patrick Kavanagh.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/14/99/c9/1499c95dc542ed24069b8c74904ac935.jpg

If you read this far then I think you'll enjoy this  singing in the below link.

** https://ifiplayer.ie/patrick_kavanagh/?fbclid=IwAR1LC2qSo6Tdl3Tais0BROXUZAVGsJI23gV0ngRyz-TcejnTs66ki54tTDw#tabs_desc_5817_1

***Edit 3.( sorry for this) You'll also get a track that's not on any Kate Bush album you can buy as she sings in Gaelic and does a pretty good job of it. Who ever coached her did an amazing job. I've been embarrassed trying to say the few words I know in Gaelic to Gaelic speakers. Can't imagine how hard it would be to sing in it this way.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 3

cant seem to stop listening to this one...love it

Baby-Its-Okay.png.cbe1763b523fc97f47d9113f308c4340.png

Edited by TSOPDS

I’m Free

finally

from work

in a few weeks anyway

although as Bob said a word of caution 

are birds free from the chains of the skyway ?

643B0009-3A1D-4E3C-B29E-00DDD30D313D.jpeg

0204B597-704C-465A-931F-15BC370F8F55.jpeg

• Like 1

Sticking with the Stones

these are mono versions of the British record releases

sound great

American records have different covers and different songs

5D1852C1-AD67-4F48-8C5B-789F7DD2F02C.jpeg

77ADD74C-2093-4A43-ACF4-DF29BC9B55BB.jpeg

D6D47E0C-2489-4560-B14F-B176E5D64A2F.jpeg

8DB5DFAD-AD45-4393-8CEF-85476A6642D5.jpeg

Edited by keyse1