Currently Spinning

118e40be981eb3e742f04da75b3161c0.jpg

Not the music for your grannies nor it is music from your grannies' collection!

Dauwd. Theory of Colours. 2017. One of the best House/Downtempo releases this year. A quieter Dave D.K.

52 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Enjoy buddy - great band

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Enjoy yes great band !!

Unfortunately I too must be tormented by those who would spread vicious lies about the vinyl not being much chop...... alas all I have (treasured nonetheless) is this shiny silver spinny thing.....

IMG_3401.thumb.JPG.cad2edbacaf536a908d80a376d445a10.JPG

15 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Wow I just heard it on Roon  - Tidal and love it. Why haven't I heard of this group before? I must have been living under a rock. Just heard the first 2 tracks - Up all night and Pain and I like it. :)

Then I read the reviews and it seems the earlier album, Lost in Dreams is even better. So I tried that. It is good indeed. Now it looks like I have to buy 2 albums.

16 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Gulp ! Why must you tempt me with this? 14LPs - $577....

Welcome to the most expensive, but by far the most rewarding thread on SNA (in conjunction with its bast@rd offspring, Jazz Currently Spinning, Electronica Currently Spinning, et al).  Never mind the threads about all the gear, this is where it's really happening.  If you're not spending more money on music than gear, then you're letting the tail wag the dog.

Soak up the great and varied recommendations.  Use Tidal to narrow down your selections and buy vinyl judiciously.  You'll still go broke - but you'll have a hell of a time along the way.

• Like 6

I thought they were meh when I listened the first few times at the time they were released.

After a few spins though they have grown on me and I have been playing them since. Great sound on both releases!

Bon Iver -  22 A Million 2016

The Black Keys -  Turn Blue 2014

Spinning-BonIver.jpg.1074be8fbb5b946edbc631ad127b6c52.jpgSpinning-BlackKeys.jpg.0aad26438ff98f4208db5a4fd84280de.jpg

15 minutes ago, ABG said:

You'll still go broke - but you'll have a hell of a time along the way.

It's been one hell of a ride the last 2 years. Starting with a tube amp and then I spend more on tubes than the amp. Now I thought that buying the RP8 and phono was my most expensive analogue purchase. Only to realise I am buying records like there's no tomorrow. .... and then I realise I need a record cleaning machine and a vacuum cleaner !!! 

It is fun though. There's so much more joy handling a brand new record than a brand new CD. For a start, it's much bigger and the album covers are beautiful. :)

... and I also realise that with a record I will listen from start to end whereas with Tidal, I would go hopping like a bunny from song to song randomly. Sometimes before the song even ends !!!

• Like 2

Enjoy yes great band !!

Unfortunately I too must be tormented by those who would spread vicious lies about the vinyl not being much chop...... alas all I have (treasured nonetheless) is this shiny silver spinny thing.....

IMG_3401.thumb.JPG.cad2edbacaf536a908d80a376d445a10.JPG

Very pleased to hear it's treasured, Marty![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new album of The National's Sleep Well Beast was so eagerly anticipated. Unfortunately it's still a meh for me after a few spins. The disappointment is much like El Vy's Return To The Moon. Hopefully it will get better after I give it a few more spins.

So tonight Boxer will do just very well. Along with High Violet both my fav of their albums.

7f8823bf49502ecdbab7cd4c90fdc58e.jpg

[mention=113261]Y B[/mention] Your turntable looks like mine. Except the counter weight at the end of the tonearm looks different. What is it?

Same except the cart and counterweight.

Due to a heavier cart I need a heavier one from Groovetracer. :)

Chicane ‎– Behind The Sun.     I used to play this album all the time for my daughter when she was 3. She used to dance around the room like a spinning top, absolutely loving it.     My daughter is 20 today - happy birthday darling :wub:    

36714593030_403d716ab5_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 8

What cartridge is it? I want to know what other cartridge options are available with the RP8. [emoji4]

Ok I'm no expert on cart/ arm matching. Which i understand is important in order to get the best sound out of your TT.

At the time I damaged my Apheta - a wire poke out of the plastic cage and I thought it was a piece of hairy dust. I gave it a hard pull and guess what!?

I was then reading about Shelter, I was going to get a Shelter 5000 somehow I ended up with a Shelter 7000. [emoji4]

I am not one who always fiddle with my TT. I put it on the RP8 and really like what it does. I like it more than the Apheta especially after I added a SUT to my setup. So I have been using it since.

I know it's a bit unconventional to put a Shelter 7000 on a Rega. The weight of the cart is 11g so it just falls within or slightly out of a Rega arm/cart compatibility range. I think is 4-11g if not wrong. However, I think it sounds superb and never have problems tracking.

Following the recommendation from[mention=109782]hensa[/mention]

Eva Cassidy

Big sound and excellent sq

48d9dbc586590d0b06944dbbb6bb56d6.jpg1375570f1486a6e06520b37dc20a2a24.jpg80fe7f8b85c163539961f1a9b5fceb3b.jpga030d9c352ee5b0e1dc8db5215b55370.jpg509e66bd548a7d4af59676c1711a9112.jpg

I'd be interested to compare this with the 45rpm release. Can add that to the War on Drugs comparison. Might need a couple of extra bottles of Pinot![emoji106]

I'd be interested to compare this with the 45rpm release. Can add that to the War on Drugs comparison. Might need a couple of extra bottles of Pinot![emoji106]

And don't forget the comparison on Status Quo live. Most certainly need many btls of Pinot for that.

I didn't realise it was a 33 til i put it on. I think the 45rpm might be better again. Great sounding venue

Listening to Sam Brookes, Kairos. First heard this in the Kyron room at the recent Sydney Hifi show and ordered it straightaway.

Just a beautiful album with the bonus of stunning production. Only available direct from the artist through Bandcamp and very highly recommended!

28258edc4ee69755a9fecc1b8919e814.jpg