• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Janjuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

Hi All,   Some Steely Dan - Aja and Pretzel Logic.     JJ

51dfGCTNyRL._SY400_.jpg

Shirley Horn - Ultimate Shirley Horn -- a compilation of tracks from the jazz pianist/vocalist, as chosen by Diana Krall, and from the first notes it's obvious that Di is heavily influenced by (if not outright copying) the far superior Ms Horn.

"Surely you can't be serious" you may cry. And I would answer "I am. And don't call me Shirley".

--Geoff 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Eno and Byrne My Life In The Bush of Ghosts

750606361_EnoandByrneMyLifeInTheBushOfGhosts.jpg.c092eb03e7b1906984153f78f3f27834.jpg

JJ

I've got the original pressing of this album which contains this song. It was removed some time after Salman Rushdie had a fatwa put on him after the release of The Satanic Verses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Neurone said:

BROADSWORD.jpg.058fff8f71bd2f7a14be590f6bc5545b.jpg

Now

Love the Beastie.   Very under-rated Tull CD.

3. "Fallen On Hard Times" 3:13
4. "Flying Colours" 4:39

"Slow Marching Band"

Wonderful tunes.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1

Scattered Purgatory ‎– 山險峻/Sua-Hiam-Zun  -2017 -  absolutely stunning ambient drone - never heard of these guys before I took a punt on zonau for $12.  I want more.

R731GGK.jpg

• Like 1
On 20/12/2020 at 3:36 PM, stevoz said:

No offense but I got given this album for Xmas when it came out.....I had to feign joy. I still have it....it has never been played. Never.xD

None taken, I listen to a lot of hard bop, modal & early free jazz, so like to have the odd break out.  I have only owned the LP for about three weeks & first time I have listened to the whole album. Hard to avoid the singles taken from the LP back in the day.  The production values very re good, even though not really my thing. 

• Like 1
On 22/12/2020 at 11:28 AM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I've got the original pressing of this album which contains this song. It was removed some time after Salman Rushdie had a fatwa put on him after the release of The Satanic Verses.

Haven't played my copy since 1985, cant get the right drugs anymore. 

• Haha 1
On 21/12/2020 at 7:03 PM, ThirdDrawerDown said:

R-778278-1470823751-1317.jpeg.jpg

With the latest release McCartney III getting good reviews, generally with a tone of surprise, I thought it interesting to go back to Wings' best.

Just received this about an hour or two ago. Still need to give it a spin. We'll see what the man says...

IMG20201223133133.thumb.jpg.16f356adb2b60edaff3cd58d06302b8e.jpg

Cheers,

Alberto

• Haha 1
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic