Currently Spinning

Picked up a copy of Katie Noonan's and Karin Schaupp's new CD, 'Songs of the Latin Skies'. Oh god, what a beautiful voice and complimented with such extraordinary acoustic guitar. 

598420eb85bfc_ScreenShot2016-12-28at1_00_20pm.png.3c06f8e3beb622d8d676af48251bbb8a.png

Haven't heard this album, but I agree that Katie Noonan has one of those voices that just sends shivers down your spine... [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest Hensa

An extreme shift, both in terms of music style and sonics... Cannot wait for the Aints play the Saints gig in a few months!

1797739239f0b4c54cd6ecc8d1e7c3bf.jpg

The "SLSQ" purportedly stands for "Strictly Low Sound Quality" - a perfectly apt description! Brilliant songs regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Fogerty 

Picked this up today.

The sound on this record is excellent.

This is a great lp with some really good  playing and songs.

It's just a pity  he would always have been compared to his brother and IMO his voice, unfortunately, is not in the same league 

DSCN3378.JPG

Edited by EV Cali
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hensa said:

My favourite Hans Zimmer soundtrack, the epic Gladiator.... mesmerising!

5831cc2dee0cc8da6ddda3a9fc8a2547.jpg

And why aren't you spinning it on the 401!

• Like 1

Guest Hensa

And why aren't you spinning it on the 401!

Sides 1 and 2 were played on the 401![emoji3]

Guest Hensa
Ah, all is forgiven. [emoji6]

On second thoughts, maybe not. So why wasn't side 3 and 4!? tsk tsk

'Cause I enjoy the DP-60 just as much!!

7 hours ago, metal beat said:

Paul McCartney - Ram.   I bought this for the superb Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey , but the album never really pressed any buttons, however after over 25 years owning this, the album is finally clicking for me.  :wacko:

36376597965_bbb85ce424_b.jpg

I remember buying that album when it first came out, expecting it to be a worthy successor to his first solo album....... but was quite disappointed with it. I played it quite a few times shortly after buying it in a vain attempt to start liking it, but no, just didn't work for me. About the only track that I almost started to like was 'Smile Away'.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hensa said:

'Cause I enjoy the DP-60 just as much!!

My first thumbs down ;)

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, emesbee said:

I remember buying that album when it first came out, expecting it to be a worthy successor to his first solo album....... but was quite disappointed with it. I played it quite a few times shortly after buying it in a vain attempt to start liking it, but no, just didn't work for me. About the only track that I almost started to like was 'Smile Away'.

I don't think you were alone.      Give it another spin - maybe time has treated it better like me.

Just now, metal beat said:

I don't think you were alone.      Give it another spin - maybe time has treated it better like me.

Yes, sometimes that does happen. I was only about 15 or 16 when I bought it, so maybe I'll hear it a bit differently now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, metal beat said:

Paul McCartney - Ram.   I bought this for the superb Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey , but the album never really pressed any buttons, however after over 25 years owning this, the album is finally clicking for me.  :wacko:

36376597965_bbb85ce424_b.jpg

As I've got older, all the early McCartney albums have taken on a fresh meaning for me and I really enjoy them. When i was younger and first bought them it was all about the tunes and the rhythm and all that and often i was underwhelmed. As I've grown up though I can now sense the freedom and sheer joy Paul had in doing his own thing with no pressure and all the nonsense of the Beatles. Him and Linda were blissfully happy together, loved raising their kids the way they wanted to mostly out of the public eye and all that comes through. Sure, some tracks on his early work can appear rambling bits of nonsense but even those give me the sense that he's enjoying himself, has had an idea and has popped into the basement or kitchen, fired up the Studer and recorded it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest BobbyD

This arrived yesterday after being recommended to me and is currently spinning.

Wonderful...... thank you @Smp

Dam posties cracked the cover......:emot-bang:

IMG_0110.JPG

Edited by BobbyD

4 hours ago, Hensa said:

An extreme shift, both in terms of music style and sonics... Cannot wait for the Aints play the Saints gig in a few months!

1797739239f0b4c54cd6ecc8d1e7c3bf.jpg

The "SLSQ" purportedly stands for "Strictly Low Sound Quality" - a perfectly apt description! Brilliant songs regardless!

I'm going to see the Aints play the Saints gig here in Brissie in September. Any chance to see king Ed Kuepper.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 2

To Top