Another epic......FGTH "Welcome To The Pleasure Dome" Canadian 1st pressing......a cracker.:thumbsup:

Sides 1 & 2 (played in reverse order, as I usually do).

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the pleasuredome - YouTube

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 4
  • Replies 76k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Janjuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

Pink Floyd - Meddle.

A nostalgic nightcap......ELO "A New World Record".......2018 'Euro' pressing (I've never been exactly sure which country as Discogs doesn't say where it's pressed but I'm guessing Germany as it has a German Sony address on the back cover). Sounds damn good anyway!

Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record - Amazon.com Music

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 4

Heard this on BBC Radio 3 Night Tracks.  Flamenco and jazz, early music, baroque and West African based around a cello. The track Atman stands out for me

image.png.1cfd8209c2ecc7c1c46cc021794d68ec.png

• Like 1

On 22/09/2019 at 4:01 PM, stevoz said:

ACDC Live at River Plate.jpg

Mini review......

Wow, I think I have a new favourite AC/DC live film. I watched and listened with interest, knowing this was Malcolm's last tour and that he was in the early stages of his dementia, reportedly rehearsing before each performance on this tour. Well, he was in the zone from the start and the band are as tight as a drum and rocking hard on this.....with a certain 'swing and swagger' that comes with the presence of the only drummer for AC/DC, Phil Rudd. I could watch him drum all day. Giving those skins a powerfully metronomic workout, he along with Malcolm, is the pulse of this band. With all due respect to Chris Slade ('Live At Donnington'), whose skill and reputation is unquestioned, for AC/DC, Phil is "The Man".

5.1 mix SQ and picture are first class (my players upscaling was working a treat) and the band is on fire. A truly fantastic concert film.....oh, and the crowd is worth watching the film for alone. Just a heaving joyous mass of rocking energy.....phenomenal!🤘

Have been watching clips on you tube from this with great quality sound   I think it would have to be one of there best concerts ever      might buy the dvd when lockdown ends

• Like 1

Earlier...

Best Coast

EEC2DF79-9CBB-4322-B99F-1E13BBAA3244.png.f2e9e44f324b406c8b84183c47dffd3e.png

Now...

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV, Volume 2: No World For Tomorrow

3D5A0AEF-5A0F-4140-BA06-BC5B70B59732.jpeg.d09d4047a2740f44c21bc8ca30f61355.jpeg

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

Earlier...

Best Coast

I don't mind a bit of Best Coast, Crazy For You, and Our Deal are a couple of favourites.

Do you know/like Jenny And Johnny? , Big Wave, and Straight Edge Of The Blade are probably my favourite songs,  Pet Snakes is another fave.

Edited by pwstereo
21 minutes ago, pwstereo said:

I don't mind a bit of Best Coast, Crazy For You, and Our Deal are a couple of favourites.

Do you know/like Jenny And Johnny? , Big Wave, and Straight Edge Of The Blade are probably my favourite songs,  Pet Snakes is another fave.

BC are nice and cruisy, just like a drive down the Cali coast 😎

I’m not a big enough fan to know song names. I don’t even know names of some songs from some of my favorite bands. I’m funny like that.

23 minutes ago, pwstereo said:

Jenny and Johnny are great

Did they only make the one record

What’s the connection with Best Coast

9 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Jenny and Johnny are great

Did they only make the one record

What’s the connection with Best Coast

Yes, just that one record, I'm Having Fun Now.

But Jenny Riley has done other stuff as a member of Rilo Kiley and solo.

No connection, but I feel like they come from the same packet 🙂

3 hours ago, Esoterica said:

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV, Volume 2: No World For Tomorrow

Hey Ash...  Love this band.  I don't know why they're not posted more often.

• Like 1

Evening Folks.

Tonights selection, ripped to wav files...

015.JPG.b248320b2da8c56d311b0be086610fb4.JPG

Not posting much music lately...  busy with gluing, filling, sanding, painting etc.  Still posting in the DIY section though.

11 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Ash...  Love this band.  I don't know why they're not posted more often.

They go good aye, but they’re not that well-known I guess. They should be though.

I’ve got 5 or 6 of their records and looking to buy the ones I’m missing. Just discovered a 3 x LP set on awesome tiger’s eye vinyl last night and it wasn’t crazy expensive 😍 It’s of their latest, Vaxis - Act 1: The Unheavenly Creatures.

I’ve been into them for about 20 years. Crazy to think it’s been that long. I want to learn more about their concepts though. Almost all of their albums are based on science fiction stories created by Claudio, and I’ve never paid much attention to that aspect, but it is pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic