Currently Spinning

Dirty Three - Horses Stories

61CdPKvNQXL.jpg

Saw them tour this LP....to this day one of the most 'rock n roll' performances I've ever seen. Warren Ellis was a man possessed (by many vices) in those days. Bought a T-shirt off him after the show. 

From memory he was viciously heckling a large group who had (I'm gonna guess) mistakenly walked in after a Tommy Emmanuel show round the corner. 

Horse Stories is a definite highlight of their back catalogue....kinda miss them cutting loose on record. 

Edited by deadc
  • Like 1

Pink Floyd - The Wall.    mid 80's UK pressing. Vinyl must weigh maybe 60-70gms. Sounds Fkckn amazing.  

One of the best sounding recordings of all time.   I used to play this over and over and over and over in my bedroom channelling my teen angst.

1553-1259462794-8da893a7712f5329ee072118

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 5

If I had any street cred...

Gawd, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I quite like this one, good simple pop, catchy tunes  :unsure:

JustinBieberPurpose.jpg

I like it Cliff.   :thumb:      Good pop music is good pop music - if you have the ability to appreciate it of course.

I am going to get the new Selena Gomez album on vinyl - again, excellent pop.

• Like 1

Gawd, I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I quite like this one, good simple pop, catchy tunes  :unsure:

Why don't we have a dislike button?

Like, OMG man.

:D

Edited by Monk
  • Like 2

JustinBieberPurpose.jpg

Can't quite make out the title

Is it "Pupation" aka Puberty

or "Pussposer"

Enjoy Citroen and pump some T.S. "Shake it off" afterwards :)

• Like 1

I like it Cliff.   :thumb:      Good pop music is good pop music - if you have the ability to appreciate it of course.

Don't you go making excuses for him! Shite's shite and if I haven't the ability to appreciate it, I'm happy to remain closed minded...

;)

Dirty Three - Toward The Low Sun.

...On the Ones & Zeroes...

• Like 1

Guest Hensa

Ed Kuepper: Serene Machine.

What a great album, and I can't wait to see Ed at the Old Museum here in Brissy next month.

Cracking album! Saw Ed last night in Sydney - great show as always only spoilt by some plonker setting off the fire alarm by smoking in the toilets!

Asked Ed about when Lost Cities is hitting the vinyl and he said it's currently a work in progress so can't wait for that one. Spun some Ed this morning with King in the Kindness Room but this is a cooler pic....

95778bab780ece9d2bb98a2a22146d6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Hensa

New Foxing album Dealer.

25775302862_71e66fb9fc_b.jpg

Shane, you must be in agony with that splatter vinyl![emoji3]

Shane, you must be in agony with that splatter vinyl![emoji3]

Yea, ordered it especially ....................Not  

I was going to say something cynical on the thread, but sigh  sometimes better to say nothing.  But you have baited me  :P

Looks nice and should be on my wall, not the bloody platter!!  :D       Sounds OK thou

Guest Hensa

Yea, ordered it especially ....................Not

I was going to say something cynical on the thread, but sigh sometimes better to say nothing. But you have baited me :P

Looks nice and should be on my wall, not the bloody platter!! :D Sounds OK thou

The Nasotec/OM40 looks good on the P10!

This arrived the during the week, gave it a spin last night.

51vld9eJiaL.jpg

This is a 2012 re-release of his 2009 album as a 2 CD set. The second disc contains all tracks from his Toy Box No. 1 & 2 EPs, and there are a couple of extra bonus tracks on both discs. There are a total of 27 songs across both CDs.

He is joined by a number of friends on both albums, including Eddi Reader, John McCusker, Heidi Talbot and Alan Kelly. I particularly like the new version of 'Koh-I-Nor', which features the fiddle playing of John McCusker.

The music is mainly acoustic ballads, all self-penned (one co-written). He is quite a good song writer, and has a pleasant singing voice. The backing musicians provide just the right amount of support, and the album is quite well recorded. Most of the songs tend to be somewhat laid-back in style, which is fine, although I would personally prefer that he mixed things a bit more with some more lively songs/tunes.

Nevertheless, it is a very good collection of songs, and quite good value for money (this deluxe edition is actually slightly cheaper than the single disc version). A very enjoyable album to listen to when one is in a reflective mood.

• Like 1

Fantastic edgy post punk inspired debut this. Probably the bands masterwork.

411nh2gTVfL.jpg

Just ordered the 10th Anniversary vinyl reissue last weekend and still waiting for it to arrive... Do you have the original or the reissue? What's the SQ like?

To Top