mondie

Currently Spinning

That's recommendation enough for me - sounds brilliant, I'll check it out. Must spin Mule Variations today too - cos what's Easter without a lil Chocolate Jesus?? :)

I reckon it'll be right up your alley @@Hi-Fi heathen.  Would like to know what your thoughts are after giving this a spin.

Chocolate Jesus - yum!  Had to give this a spin after reading your post.  You may be shocked to hear it, but it's a record that I like just a bit...

Now spinning Wilco - Kicking Television.  Brilliant performance, brilliant recording and a fantastic pressing.  An absolute winner in all respects.

14210-54d0030a7813a-l.jpg

If you haven't done so already, check out Wilco's live performance on NPR's Tiny Desk series.  Tiny Desk quickly sorts out the wheat from the chaff and Wilco put on one of the best performances I've seen from any artist on the show.  I especially love the drum kit.

2942334.jpg

2942334.jpg

I discovered Portishead through 'Glory Box' from a film I watched. I love this whole album, especially 'Roads' ! It's a good album to listen to with the lights dimmed and the focus on the ambient sounds throughout the whole album.

Can't get enough of(parts) of this album1405574860494.jpg-300x0.jpg

The lyrics...oh the lyrics.

Can't get enough of(parts) of this album1405574860494.jpg-300x0.jpg

The lyrics...oh the lyrics.

Kick arsse album from Mr Morrissey.   Might put it on next after I finish playing the Stones tribute album from Primal Scream - in a good way of course

51fh%2BPW-xXL._SL1001_.jpg

3f1f66dd1614464c0c8fd72b8d7ab54b.jpg

Another Australian album, this time Rand and Holland - their final self titled album, available as cassette or download from Room40. Brilliant!

What's The Hateful Eight soundtrack like @@houdinifangs?  I assume being Morricone it should be good (plus he did win an award for it :D).

What's The Hateful Eight soundtrack like @@houdinifangs?  I assume being Morricone it should be good (plus he did win an award for it :D).

Really good, some menacing, brooding bass lines. Not your average Tarintino soundtrack but still with the characteristic sound bites of the dialogue. The pop/rock selections don't add much, it's all about the Morricone. I got mine from Amazon, the local pacing on this one is ludicrous.

A bit of tasty FM on a Sunday evening contemplating a return to salt mine tomorrow. weekends are just too short :(

R-3919567-1349240171-9167.jpeg.jpg

Zakk Wylde- Book of Shadows

post-142144-0-72958100-1459127660.png

Lenny Kravitz

post-142144-0-43776400-1459130644.png

RAIME: Quarter Turns Over A Living Line

Dark and broody, with powerful underlying bass notes.

As an aside, whenever I see the cover I would love it if someone would choreograph a contemporary dance piece to this music.

post-138459-0-19357400-1459131383_thumb.

OTIS REDDING: Lonely & Blue

post-138459-0-29004700-1459131403_thumb.

The only QOTSTA I own, very good album but a distinctive musical style which doesn't make me want to seek out more of their tunes. Am I missing out?

51gzCW2qyYL.jpg

Yup, I heartily third the recs of @@Hi-Fi heathen and @, and was only recently talking Songs for the Deaf in a PM, runs out of puff a bit on the B side but still a brilliant record.

No Rated R or Songs for the Deaf in the collection, wow man mind blown, next you'll be telling me you don't have any KYUSS either??

WAR ON DRUGS: Future Weather

5d556f43.jpg

R A T M - The Battle Of Los Angeles

FRIENDLY FIRES: Pala

post-138459-0-30413800-1459133991_thumb.

post-138459-0-99731600-1459134006_thumb.

Is that faux ring wear on a reissue we're seeing?? :) :)

Yep, faux ring wear, on a clear blue vinyl reissue.

Currently spinning Jack Johnson - Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George. Pre-Ordered the LP a while ago, and should be here soon...

The Three R's is such a catchy tune which my nieces and nephews love.

Reduce, reuse, recycle! Amen!  ;)

Silverchair - Frogstomp!

Yep, faux ring wear, on a clear blue vinyl reissue.

Noice! Bet it sounds more authentic too! The bluest blues... ;) Edited by Hi-Fi heathen

El Vy - Return to the Moon.     Superb US pressing by Quality Records and cut @ Sterling

I actually prefer this up tempo version of Matt Berninger than I do with The National. 

26018119621_6a78493771_b.jpg

The Beatles - With The Beatles (from the 1978 Beatles Collection blue box set)

41DjG69tLrL.jpg

I'm still umming and ahhing about getting a mono boxset.  Still not entirely convinced I need one, especially as it doesn't span their entire album list, but this illness is so damned hard to control...