Currently Spinning

Finally some time to spin a few tunes , with the free-loaders moved on and an early dinner lets start the end of 2015 with some quality guitar action.

Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries                                                     Kaki King - Glow                                                    

41aBIF%2BKHGL._SY355_.jpg          glow.jpg

This has just been reissued on vinyl, and it sounds superb. Nice thick gatefold, double lp, with etching and 10".

Oooooohhhhh!!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Happy New Year!  Thanks to all of my friends here who made 2015 so much fun - full of great music and great company - and I hope 2016 is a fantastic year for one and all.  

After very little sleep, I thought the first album of 2016 should be Mark Lanegan - Imitations 'cos I felt like something slow and quiet.  Like "I'll Take Care Of You," this is an album of covers - this time including Nick Cave's Brompton Oratory and Neil Sedaka's Solitaire.  Lanegan does a great job of each interpretation with his gravelly, "I've lived the life" voice.  My copy, the EU pressing, was a little noisy when it arrived, but after putting it through my RCM, it has cleaned up beautifully with the exception of a slight pressing fault on Mack The Knife.

Mark-Lanegan-Imitations.jpg

Finally some time to spin a few tunes , with the free-loaders moved on and an early dinner lets start the end of 2015 with some quality guitar action.

Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries                                                                                                     

41aBIF%2BKHGL._SY355_.jpg         

Is this the 2015 repress?  I've ordered a copy and it's on its way.  I'm hoping the pressing is up to the quality of the music contained on this gem of an album.

Edited by ABG
  • Like 2

28e06a32d97d66e3885781856f84bfaf.jpg

@@Luc thought I might enjoy this. He was right. He's pretty good like that. [emoji106]

So, I'm about to listen to a complete recording of the Pearl Fishers now. I see it is being performed at SOH over the next few weeks. I think I'd like to go to that. I've never been to an opera.

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is this the 2015 repress?  I've ordered a copy and it's on its way.  I'm hoping the pressing is up to the quality of the music contained on this gem of an album.

@@ABG - yes mate , 2015 Audio Fidelity reissue - dead silent background was the 1st thing I picked up on , very impressed.

Thanks @@Willow:thumb:   Looking forward to mine arriving soon.

On the platter now is Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing

b2002192ccfa115e3afde2b9c90af039.500x500

Mine is the 2015 yellow translucent pressing, which is a nice, click and pop free pressing, but it really doesn't bring anything to the party that the CD doesn't already have.  Cleaning it on the RCM however is almost fun.  Like the translucent clear records I've got, it's cool watching the vacuum suck up all the liquid and gunk from the record on the other side.

• Like 2

Thanks @@Willow. :thumb: Looking forward to mine arriving soon.

Mine is the 2015 yellow translucent pressing, which is a nice, click and pop free pressing, but it really doesn't bring anything to the party that the CD doesn't already have. Cleaning it on the RCM however is almost fun. Like the translucent clear records I've got, it's cool watching the vacuum suck up all the liquid and gunk from the record on the other side.

I wanted so much to buy some of the Placebo vinyl reissues including this great album, but after reading a lot of negative reviews, haven't done so.

• Like 1

I wanted so much to buy some of the Placebo vinyl reissues including this great album, but after reading a lot of negative reviews, haven't done so.

If you have it on CD Chris, there's probably no need to buy it.  It sounds flat and compressed, but it's not as bad as some of the comments on Discogs would have you believe.  The one major difference to the CD is a re-master on Burger Queen that has fireworks going off towards the end.  Also the CD has Evil Dildo on it, which the record doesn't.  I'm still glad I bought it 'cos I love this album.

• Like 2

Thanks @@Willow:thumb:   Looking forward to mine arriving soon.

Mine is the 2015 yellow translucent pressing, which is a nice, click and pop free pressing, but it really doesn't bring anything to the party that the CD doesn't already have.  Cleaning it on the RCM however is almost fun.  Like the translucent clear records I've got, it's cool watching the vacuum suck up all the liquid and gunk from the record on the other side.

That is a pity as its a superb album. the original uk pressing is excellent.

• Like 1

That is a pity as its a superb album. the original uk pressing is excellent.

Shane, I was about to say I'll have to track a copy down, but then I saw the prices the original UK copy is going for...  :ohmy:   As much as I love this album, I'll stick with my inferior repress.  I might track down a copy of the black repress and see how that compares.

Now listening to Chris Isaak - Forever Blue.

51r1LpRI0IL.jpg

2015 translucent blue repress.  It's a bit noisy, but hopefully that'll clean up after a pass or two through the RCM.  The dynamics are great, especially after the compressed sounds of Placebo just before.  Recommended.  :cool:

• Like 2

@@Luc It is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. Tonight will probably end up a Spotify party mix playing eventually. We have a couple we setup ages ago but the youngsters may take over as I just kick back. Can't trust myself with the cartridge after numerous cocktails and bubbles (which btw there seems more than enough for the whole street already on ice). So this is my time to get out there a bit.

What's is the Bryan Ferry track? I went back a few pages but couldn't find it. Also saw your post re Todd Terje. I tried that album at least half dozen times when it came out and just couldn't get into it but lots of people rated it very highly.

I bought the record when it came out but it didn't have staying power for me. I've probably heard it about six times since buying it... maybe not even that as there are so many better alternatives. Subjective though.

Johnny and Mary is a standout.

http://nowness.brightcove.com.edgesuite.net/rtmp/2385340575001/201505/863/2385340575001_4261882565001_4261775092001.mp4?pubId=2385340575001&videoId=4261775092001

• Like 1

A bit of Coco Rosie to help ease the transition from last night into today. For the first few albums, these girls were absolutely unparalleled...

Good to see that there is at least ONE other fan of CocoRosie here.  :P

That album is outstanding on vinyl too.

• Like 2

Started 2016 with some Marley from the 1982 box set. Just fabulous pressings throughout this box set, with Rastaman Vibration being one of my top picks.

e6d0ab72881116d7e35ae27a6ba80e21.jpg

Followed by one of my favourite female vocalists,, Ayo - thanks to @scuzzi for introducing me to her music! This is an excellent vinyl pressing to boot!

35f7bdd8b4e0b21af68e5a75fed5d5a1.jpg

Happy New Year to all sna comrades!

cc845d08a977e45cd5027ddae9c9bb27.jpg

Future of the Left - How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident - 2013, LP.

So, I've sat on the lounge listening to opera all morning. Such a lazy morning. @Y B just dropped off an album for @@mikey d. (Thanks, Max) The place is a mess, I'm so embarrassed! [emoji85]

It must be time for a beer and some punk rock while I clean up this joint.

#futureoftheleffe

Cheers,

Leigh

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 4