• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Janjuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

Pink Floyd - Meddle.

On 01/08/2018 at 9:29 PM, Happy said:

Another then...

9F8010A9-95EF-4FA5-977E-2BEA9ED7B95F.thumb.jpeg.dbb8c30562b3c1d5bc1569b9b9f8a1b2.jpeg

My favourite RF LP..not one bum track here..."Tryin' Times" a standout!

her early ones the best!

• Like 4

Always have time for well-crafted catchy pop songs... after all this was the kind of music that got my attention first!

IMG_20180803_142757167.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

My weekend starts now ;)

Lawgiverz present Bass instinct : Filthy Funk And Bass Shaking Breaks.

images (16).jpeg

I has that CD ... time for another spin.

--Geoff

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, YCC said:

My favourite RF LP..not one bum track here..."Tryin' Times" a standout!

her early ones the best!

Yeah I gone ahead trying her later works but they lacked the ruthlessness of the earlier works.

[mention=113261]Y B[/mention] I saw this about 3 o’clock this morning and about 20 minutes later on the way to work this came up on my phone by Corrina Steel
This is the best Australian country music record I know of and is not dissimilar to Jason Molina in sound worth listening on Spot

ify 
You might like it 
The song is called Ohio by Corrina Steele from a record called Wayward Angel
can’t upload artwork

Wonderful, I will certainly check it out! Thanks for the heads up. :)
19 hours ago, metal beat said:

Bohren & Der Club Of Gore ‎– Black Earth. 2016 PIAS reissue of the 2002 album. pressed @ MPO - Its very good.

[IMG]

Its NOT "very good".

Its bloody damn fantastic music. ;0

• Haha 1

This arrived the other day so I am spinning it now.....(2008 re-issue Oz pressing even though I bought it thinking it was an Oz 1st pressing.... I badly misread the ebay ad😃)......sounds great, which is the main thing.🙂

Image result for abbey road

• Like 7

a1105308735_14.jpg

Alaskan Tapes - You Were Always An Island -- a beautiful collection of tracks, kinda soft-focus piano and processing and occasional cello and vocals. A bargain at just $2 for the lossless download from Bandcamp (or you can shell out $20 for the vinyl).

--Geoff

• Like 1

I noted that I seemed to be heading into a Coltrane path...

...though i look at all that vinyl you guys are listening to and i just feel that it is going to lead to the need to buy a turntable (and i contempate all that old vinyl i have sitting completely unutilised in cupboards).  There is something viscerally satisfying abouyt vinyl that i haven't personally experienced much since I bought my Yamaha CDX-2 in 1985.

IMG_6760.jpg

• Like 2

Earlier this evening...

Earthless 'Black Heaven' 2018 Nuclear Blast Records.

459222792_EarthlessBlackHeaven2018NuclearBlastRecords_x600.jpg.800e4ec82c89b76e36ff2d65f42c8f22.jpg

A slight change in direction for these psy nauts, shorter tracks and more vocals.  I wasn't too keen on it first listen and decided to give it another crack and 'hey presto'.

Native Daughters 'Master Manipulator' 2016 Sailor Records.

303234755_NativeDaughtersMasterManipulator2016SailorRecords_x600.jpg.d7e57656e87c37944b0d72c1eb6edefc.jpg

Really like this Progressive Rock/Hard Rock/Metal instrumental Album.

Just finished this set on DVD...

Queens of the Stone Age 'Over the Years and Through the Woods' 2005 Interscope Records. Universal Music, Aust.

304660829_QueensoftheStoneAgeOvertheYearsandThroughtheWoods2005InterscopeRecords.UniversalMusicAust..jpg.389aea1e07395c1ffe783f64e9f9ba6e.jpg

Words are not enough.  A fantastic gig and sound.

...finally, found this one on youtube today and about to have my own late night listen in the dark...

Bohren & der Club of Gore 'Black Earth' 2002 Wonder Records.

1816815543_BohrenderClubofGoreBlackEarth2002WonderRecords.png.96678ce6f40209c9733d6f8da639494b.png

Cheers, Ant.

• Like 3

Hi All,

Something soothing before going off to golf, Bing and Ruth - Tomorrow Was the Golden Age.

Bing.png.0c8971a42bbbfbaa8adeffdeb28234f8.png

JJ

• Like 4

Some lovely tunes been played last night/this morning ...Unfortunately  I'm working, but will join you all later this evening...Music is Bliss..🎶🎵:thumb:

My daughters birthday on tonight, dance night for her and her friends...I'm playing DJ...I'm going to Rock the house tonight.🎼

Edited by Bass13
  • Like 3

Good morning Guys.  Heading over to my mates place this w/end to have our first crack at making Jerky.  My brother built his own, second hot box, and gave me his first one.  I have the sharpening stone set up, about to hone my knives, and kicking off the day with this beautiful Album...

'Casualties of Cool' 2014 Hevy Devy Records.

1898266705_CasualtiesofCool2014HevyDevyRecords..jpg.054d58aeb8ffd73ba5e1d844ea4530c2.jpg

Taking a few CD's with me, Smashing Pumpkins 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness', Live 'Throwing Copper', Nirvana 'Nevermind' etc.

Have a good one.

Cheers, Ant.

• Like 3

Feeling a bit retro this morning, so it's Currently Spooling...Pete Townshend, Flying Burrito Bros, Nitty gritty dirt band, BG's... don't care if SQ not too good...I like it, that's all!!

IMG_20180804_095508292.jpg

• Like 2

Cool dude points for Flying Burritos 

Listen to the words of the Johnny Cash song on The Nitty Gritty etc record

Tears On The Holston River about the death of his mother I law Maybelle Carter

Google the lyrics before you listen

One of the most beautiful pieces of poetry I know of in the context of the song and Maybelle Carter’s place in country music

Google The Carter Family if you aren’t sure who she is

...and again for this one, planting out the vege garden before heading out...

Mike Oldfield 'Tubular Bells' 1973 Virgin Records - 1983 Virgin Records, Manufactured by Capitol Records, EMI, USA.

723075866_MikeOldfieldTubularBells1973VirginRecords-1983VirginRecordsManufacturedbyCapitolRecordsEMIUSA..jpg.547ebc89e1641ca660e82e5c38e4ca39.jpg

Does anyone have any info on the voice or language in Part 2???

• Like 1

polyphonicprayer.jpg

New Eric Steckel CD - Polyphonic Player

I have 5 of this guitar slingers CD's and each is a ripper.    Check him out on Youtube.   

I purchased this download this morning.

https://www.amazon.com/Polyphonic-Prayer-Eric-Steckel/dp/B0793BQPQD

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman

ELO 'Discovery' 1979 Jet Records.

1607477569_ELODiscovery1979JetRecords.JPG.1da90180c541d25e78fc5451b693c6c1.JPG

An Album that has grown on me over time.  Full of sunshine and perfect for a beautiful sunny day.

• Like 9
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic