Currently Spinning

Giving the new MFSL pressing of Brothers in Arms a spin for the first time and there's a slight pressing fault at 2:30 in on Walk Of Life - grrrr!

UDSACD2099-2.jpg

It's not my favourite Dire Straits album - that's their self titled album, which is the only album of theirs I really love- but I just had to get the Mofi version for the sake of it.  Apart from the aforementioned glitch, it really does sound magnificent and it's much better than the original CD I have.  

Has anyone tried returning records to Accoustic Sounds?  What were they like to deal with?

Edit: Just realised I had this on CD previously, not vinyl...

Edited by ABG
  • Like 2

Giving the new MFSL pressing of Brothers in Arms a spin for the first time and there's a slight pressing fault at 2:30 in on Walk Of Life - grrrr!

UDSACD2099-2.jpg

It's not my favourite Dire Straits album - that's their self titled album, which is the only album of theirs I really love- but I just had to get the Mofi version for the sake of it.  Apart from the aforementioned glitch, it really does sound magnificent and it's much better than the original Aussie pressing I have.  

Has anyone tried returning records to Accoustic Sounds?  What were they like to deal with?

Hi Andrew, I've sent the odd LP back to them, never a problem & they will refund/replace per your request.  Of course you'll have to pay return shipping (same with Music Direct/Elusive Disc) though AS will send replacements free of shipping costs with your next order.  Often the cost of return shipping = the cost of a new LP :(  

You might want to do some research on SH, I could be wrong but I seem to recall reading of some complaints about a pressing fault with some copies of this album, going for a replacement might be risky. 

G'day all, 'nice' Sunday evening listening, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, 'Are You Experienced'.  I often wonder what listeners listening to the album on its release in 1967 thought of the music and the 'sounds' Hendrix coaxed from his guitar?!  Regards, Felix.   

It was the sound of the lid coming off from PANDORA'S BOX- nothing would ever be the same.

ZM.

Hmmm - that's what they also said about Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Charlie Parker, Elvis Presley, Little Richard and the Stones....

cheers

mick

Edited by mickj1
  • Like 3

ddcfc164d0cb6046b55e40001f0357a8.jpg

Dick Diver - Melbourne, Florida - 2015 - LP

The third album from Melbourne, Victoria's Dick Diver. On first listen it's already drawn me in, I like it. Maybe even better than their last two albums.

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 4

UK A1 B7 First pressing.

I don't recall where I picked this up, but it was second hand.

It is amazingly clean, and I haven't even given it a clean using RCM yet.

Some debate out there over whether this or the half speed mastering are the best sounding version....and I won't get into that.All I will say is it sounds superb.

post-103759-0-10296000-1429594015_thumb.

• Like 8

post-132814-0-94993100-1429604067_thumb.

post-132814-0-26951400-1429604085_thumb.

...just arrived today. BOTH ARE MULTI CHANNEL/ STEREO/HYBRID SACD.

Have only played the stereo sacd layer, but very impressed. Both are dynamic, crystal clear, and musically undated. I think the E.W.F. Is going to be bonkers in surround.

The AMERICA surround is a differing one from the DVD-a that now goes for silly money.

ZM.

• Like 3

@@Zen Mister

Billy, I was a bewildered 15 yr old in Nzed in 73(I think) and my hold on things was(rough time in life...understatement) the America Album(cassette) which had Ventura Highway on it. I'd go to sleep listening to those alligator lizards in the air. I still love it and musk rat love.

I'm banned now aren't I.

• Like 1

Ah Lucius .....a ditch leaper!!!!!! So much now makes sense. ( I can say this being half NZ blooded) Rest assured, the album still sounds brilliant. The A.F. Of the debut album, is now my go-to edition- the acoustic guitars have never sounded so real. Much the same with this one. Spine-tingling clarity.

Love ya work,

Billy.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 1

A mid morning convo with @@Viognier via pm led to him and me ordering some vinyl from a new source in Holland/Germany.

His order hasn't arrived yet but mine did today and it was very well pack if somewhat eccentrically inside a movie reel box.

3 LP's , two from artists I'd never heard of or listened too before and isn't it fun when you dive in head first and make your regrets later.

I'm sucking the second Coopers of the evening and just about finished side two of this album.

fantastique !    A European punk outfit from the 70's matured into a kinda funk punk brass just grab another drink type of band. Really liking it. Brass pushed to some off kilter limits. side two just finished and i wish it was a double album.

enormousdoor620.jpg

Oh, and one more thing.: Where we got the records from...bloody cheap I thought. 3 LP's delivered for 40 euro's, Mark grabbed two I think and we may now both have this>>a1932506501_2.jpg I haven't got to this one yet. :)

• Like 4

A mid morning convo with @@Viognier via pm led to him and me ordering some vinyl from a new source in Holland/Germany.

His order hasn't arrived yet but mine did today and it was very well pack if somewhat eccentrically inside a movie reel box.

3 LP's , two from artists I'd never heard of or listened too before and isn't it fun when you dive in head first and make your regrets later.

I'm sucking the second Coopers of the evening and just about finished side two of this album.

fantastique ! A European punk outfit from the 70's matured into a kinda funk punk brass just grab another drink type of band. Really liking it. Brass pushed to some off kilter limits. side two just finished and i wish it was a double album.

enormousdoor620.jpg

Oh, and one more thing.: Where we got the records from...bloody cheap I thought. 3 LP's delivered for 40 euro's, Mark grabbed two I think and we may now both have this>>a1932506501_2.jpg I haven't got to this one yet. :)

Mine did arrive late this arvo at work. Well packed, no film reel box here though. My order was OTPMD-- Rotorotor and The Ex &Brass Unbound-- Enormous Door. Waiting on Lee's verdict on OPTMDs The Thing That Everything Else Is About.

Just got home so may get a chance to spin one of the albums tonight before heading out. @@ferchersan and I plan on braving the Sydney weather and head to JazzGroove for Alister Spence. That's dedication.

• Like 4

Mine did arrive late this arvo at work. Well packed, no film reel box here though. My order was OTPMD-- Rotorotor and The Ex &Brass Unbound-- Enormous Door. Waiting on Lee's verdict on OPTMDs The Thing That Everything Else Is About.

Just got home so may get a chance to spin one of the albums tonight before heading out. @@ferchersan and I plan on braving the Sydney weather and head to JazzGroove for Alister Spence. That's dedication.

I think your going to like The Ex&Brass Unbound. Track two Side A is the standout track for me so far, I've been lifting the arm and travelling back to it for about the last 3/4's of an hour.

Ask @@ferchersan about the  OPTMD album as he's had a digital or hard copy of it for awhile now I think. It's about to go on now so I'll report back. :)

Edit: Liking it, the first track R Mutt is (to me) recognisable as OPTMD    Isn't it nice to hear a Marimba in a group sound.

Track Two and  Mark...you'll be liking the album if it continues along this vein(I think).

Edit No.2: Anyone interested in listening to OPTMD which is an acronym for the Orchestre tout puissant Marcel Duchamp

Can do so here>>>click  and then find your way to their latest album Rotorotor to see how they progress.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 4

Moved on to album number four to arrive in the sneaky space near the front door which I've got organised with the Aus post courier so him and i remain friends...

aint half bad this is it>> 440x440-c.jpeg

'Life's what you make it'   what a great track with a killer bass riff garumphing all the way through it.

No wonder bass players are so laid back their almost comatose!

• Like 5

Moved on to album number four to arrive in the sneaky space near the front door which I've got organised with the Aus post courier so him and i remain friends...

aint half bad this is it>> 440x440-c.jpeg

'Life's what you make it'   what a great track with a killer bass riff garumphing all the way through it.

No wonder bass players are so laid back their almost comatose!

That's the second best Australian album ever, in my opinion.

This being the first...

440x440-c.jpeg

Edited by Jesco
  • Like 2

That's the second best Australian album ever, in my opinion.

This being the first...

440x440-c.jpeg

Damn you!!

Now I have to go ordering again,  I was feeling all cathartic there for a moment and now you've thrown me back into the 'Search' :angry:

• Like 2