Ibeyi - Ash

Image result for ibeyi ash

I've posted this before, but just received the vinyl.  Sound quality and pressing both superb!  Not sure if you like the vinyl or CD best?  No sweat - you get both and as you can see, it's a funky fold open cover design.  The best bit?  The music!  It's a winner.

• Like 3
  • Replies 76.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• metal beat

• mrbuzzardstubble

• Janjuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening Lads & greetings from a chilly West Wyalong.   Finally arrived at Mum’s place last week, on the road for 25 hours, including a 4 hour sleep in the car, and stopping every hour fo

Playing some Xmas albums:           --Geoff    

The lunatic is on the grass... Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon.  

Another fantastic album from PSB and probably their best. The album has great variety and is particularly poignant at times. I particularly love 'mother of the village'. It's quite an achievement to chose an emotive theme like the loss of employment, identity and community that resulted from the closure of the Welsh coal mines and make such a great set of songs about it.

512LE2VY+QL._SS500.jpg

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Perfect Xmas music :hiccup       The Fall ‎– The Marshall Suite.  2017 reissue by Let Em eat Vinyl.  excellent album and an average sounding reissue. I am enjoying it but I think subconsciously every time I listen to a Fall album my sound quality expectation switch is lower.    still worth getting if cheap.

39248068571_415fe6678e_b.jpg

Love this track :)

• Haha 1

on phase 2 of my Kurt man luv.  I am even liking this album now I start it on side 3 :)     I managed to pick up Constant Hitmaker and God is saying this to You which are in transit.

39202668972_cb2758ea82_b.jpg

• Like 1

OK so we have the whole fandamily over for an early Christmas Eve lunch so we need some slightly softer music before Granny spits the dummy and leaves because we didn't play her any Metallica.......

csn.jpg

gr.jpg

ny.jpg

nl.jpg

as.jpg

bread.jpg

cs.jpg

rem.jpg

• Like 10
20 hours ago, powerav said:

Inspired by @progladyte this in 5.1 WOW!!!!

A0E8B1EF-99F4-49F7-AEB5-9C88E5D5E323.jpeg

Is that on SACD? I have some standout SACD's, BIA by Dire Straits and Gaucho by Steely Dan, they're the only digital discs I have that come close to analogue for a quality 'sweet spot' listening experience. I have always wished that 'New Gold Dream' had the sonic dynamics of the later 'Once Upon A Time', an outstanding recording. I take it that your "WOW" indicates the 5.1 mix elevates the dynamics to a decent level?:cool:

• Like 1

New Order - Power Corruption and Lies.  2009 reissue. excellent sounding reissue, but I would cream my shorts for an original UK pressing.  This is a desert island disc that takes me back to 1983 and a simpler most awesome time of my life every time I spin this.:wub:

25387595128_f4aea8c3e3_h.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

feeling pretty good after a 4 hours lunch!!  

27477869109_2e41613ca1_h.jpg

Just returned home after a 6 hour lunch, paced myself so feeling good also, now what to play :cool:

• Like 1

A couple of memories from my backpacking days when every interstate bus stop seemed to have a shop selling tapes next to it.

Bruce Hornsby-Harbor Lights.

Hornsby.jpg.d2e693e257b14beaa00dc245ea9c32d5.jpg

Best of Johnny Clegg and Savuka

5a3f55511fada_JohnnyClegg.jpg.df6fd52183f89b6826a46fdf2c312551.jpg

• Like 2

OK so I now have the house to myself for a change as the handbrake has left to visit someone, the ferals have absconded with the dog and grandma has skipped the planet, (literally)

Bliss!

Crank 'dem bad boys up right now, ya'hear?

dp.jpg

gf.jpg

uh.jpg

mount.jpg

jsj.jpg

dd.jpg

buff.jpg

lz.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, progladyte said:

OK so I now have the house to myself for a change as the handbrake has left to visit someone, the ferals have absconded with the dog and grandma has skipped the planet, (literally)

Bliss!

dp.jpg

gf.jpg

uh.jpg

mount.jpg

jsj.jpg

dd.jpg

buff.jpg

lz.jpg

Merry Xmas to you, woo hoo :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, progladyte said:

Bliss!

dp.jpg

gf.jpg

uh.jpg

mount.jpg

jsj.jpg

dd.jpg

buff.jpg

lz.jpg

Some EXCELLENT selections in that lot. :thumb:

• Like 2

Merry Christmas everyone, thought I'd give my new Beck album a spin, from my 13 yo son. Great tunes, toe tapping stuff. The song Dreams came on, son goes, "Does he sing this" .... well better crank it up then.

Matt

IMG_1510.JPG

• Like 2

Merry Christmas/seasons greetings everyone. Some spins for the day, then onto some jazz.

Frank Sinatra ‎ The Sinatra Christmas Album. EMI/Axis ‎ AX 701412, reissue.

Boney M. ‎ Christmas Album. Hansa International ‎ Z 20017 New Zealand 1981.

Jimmy Buffett, Songs You Know By Heart - Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hit(s). MCA Records ‎ MCA-5633, Compilation US 1985.

Louis Armstrong, The Greatest Hits. K-tel ‎ NE 1306, Compilation, Remastered New Zealand 1985

Barry White ‎ I Love To Sing The Songs I Sing. 1979. 

20th Century Fox Records TCC 4004.

The Dillards  Tribute To The American Duck. United Artists Records ‎ L 35047. Australia 1973.

DSCN1929.JPG

DSCN1921.JPG

DSCN1923.JPG

DSCN1925.JPG

DSCN1926.JPG

DSCN1927.JPG

Day 4 holiday fare...

Brownstone - From the Bottom Up.

European rarely found, MJ produced, 80’s R&B of the highest quality. Sublime vocals.

Sigur Ros - () latest repress is awesome.

KISS - Alive I - European Dbl 2014 repress, so mint and clean for a change. Very noice. 

Warming up the new Nagaoka MP-110 as I go.... :)

0236ED2D-EA0E-4349-80AA-ED68CCC447C3.jpeg

Edited by candyflip

The Divinyls were a seminal Aussie band that I have only come to really appreciate in recent years. I always loved Chrissies vocals and onstage seductress persona, but now really can see the brilliance of Mark McEntee as the bands driving force.

61v5yDylXBL.jpg

• Like 6
17 hours ago, metal beat said:

the Horrors - V.  one of my fav 2017 albums.

25436793958_ae0fe4e03d_b.jpg

I really want to like this album, as it has all that I usually desire but it just doesn't click with me. :(

On the other hand,

BIG THIEF - Capacity

A great family photo cover (lead singer Lenker's Uncle holding her as a babe) sums up the sentiment of this album. Love it!

5a430fc2b6624_BigThiefCapacity.thumb.jpg.904c107615e6dd15eafb68f6fe3daad4.jpg

• Marc pinned and unpinned this topic