mondie

Currently Spinning

Probably should be in the world music thread but it is actually what's spinning up here on a wet and sunny Sunday.
image.png.89fda57f86de9d4265083bccf3d0e264.png

...and long before Australia had a coffee culture other countries were already there. But if it's Sunday arvo your listening to this then it has to be vino you accompany it with(I am) but if it's Saturday morning then definitely Café Brazil or Nimbin Mountaintop or Byron Bun or Nicaragua Esprit.
There's a lovely joyfulness on this album plus the Portuguese language as Brazil sings it. 
[mention=106551]djb[/mention] and possibly [mention=111035]buddyev[/mention] might enjoy this as would [mention=109554]mrbuzzardstubble[/mention]
Too true Lee. Sunday vino always when having a listening session.

d17d5d2667ff5168292ceb8358857b03.jpgf18f775124f63e471b0ed7200e6d5d4f.jpg

4 minutes ago, YCC said:

How come I don't see this LP in the opshops!!???:-)

Because Luc bought them all

Is ti bought or brought

Edited by Tony ray

Just now, Zen Mister said:

There is nothing David Lindley doesn't know about timeless good taste in fashion.

Respect!!

Billy.

Ya, he's big fan of polyester right?!!!

2 minutes ago, Luc said:

Black Orpheus and isn't that a movie an a half. I was fascinated by it the first time I saw it in the early 70's on a late night with the ABC that fomenter of so much that is right in Australia!

Yes I saw it in about '63 on TV. I own only about 6 DVDs and that's one of them.

I'm the proud owner of Jumbo Party 1 and would you believe Jumbo Party 2. Ah the joys of obscurata :cool:

David Lindley introduced electric mandolin to contemporary popular music and obviously it was West Coast based. Look to Warren Zevon for instance and no i'm not forgetting Jimmy Page.

2 minutes ago, Luc said:

I'm the proud owner of Jumbo Party 1 and would you believe Jumbo Party 2. Ah the joys of obscurata :cool:

David Lindley introduced electric mandolin to contemporary popular music and obviously it was West Coast based. Look to Warren Zevon for instance and no i'm not forgetting Jimmy Page.

So warren Zevon & jimmy page played with M rs Mills go figure

6 minutes ago, Luc said:

That would be Mrs Millsimage.png.6f2659ac33441ebf1c6769b592e8e441.png

and Evil would run a country mile screaming  before he'd let this in amongst his Dr John and Elton John collection. I'm the only sad bugger here who appreciates Mrs Mills...

So so wrong Lucius. As you well know, I have often extolled the brilliance of Mrs Mills - the original and most influential of all the hard rock chicks. Chrissies Amphlet and  Hynde, Madonna, Kylie, Alison Moyet, Adalita, Barbara Streisand, Wendy O. Williams, and dare I say, even Aretha Franklin have drawn sustenance at this well of undiluted 'rock outlaw'.

It has been suggested that Iggy Pop also had an extensive collection of the Millster, which he would enjoy whilst basting himself in peanut butter and rolling in glass shards.

Billy.

So warren Zevon & jimmy page played with M rs Mills go figure
One was doing her hair and one was doing her double neck

4 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Too true Lee. Sunday vino always when having a listening session.

d17d5d2667ff5168292ceb8358857b03.jpgf18f775124f63e471b0ed7200e6d5d4f.jpg

I'm glad to see they soft light of day through the top of that bottle. The great thing about that pic is you and I both know that there's still at least another glass in there!. I think I have one left in mine and then the cellar is dry sadly and me with nothing to wake up to tomorrow but a possible session on the beach chasing flathead. Mondays are a bugger sometimes.

Did Mrs Mills ever come out?

.......do you mean ' Come out to dazzle us in the Antipodes'? Or ' Come out as a brilliant innovator in the world of tunes'?

Billy.

[mention=132814]Zen Mister[/mention] [mention=105306]scuzzii[/mention] [mention=143289]Tony ray[/mention]   just in case you doubt the veracity of my claims then feast your eyes upon what leans against the Spats.

Yup there they sit...unobtania. Try buying them my friends.5a112e2fc0d6f_MrsMills.thumb.jpg.40ff64ec2e85795d580739f782a9968c.jpg

Spats were one of my favs at the show. Pls respect them, and play those records loud

Like the Beret

7 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Spats were one of my favs at the show. Pls respect them, and play those records loud :)

Like the Beirut

Beret-Beirut.... so I put it on. Not the easiest LP to find on vinyl. Good segueway from the rather yum Mrs Mills though.Beirut.thumb.jpg.28a266afce61bb347e25a0516bcc37dd.jpg

Beret-Beirut.... so I put it on. Not the easiest LP to find on vinyl. Good segueway from the rather yum Mrs Mills though.Beirut.thumb.jpg.28a266afce61bb347e25a0516bcc37dd.jpg

I know. Auto correct and I'm almost through the bottle.. you knew what I meant :)

Awesome speakers mate

1 minute ago, scuzzii said:

I know. Auto correct and I'm almost through the bottle.. you knew what I meant :)

Awesome speakers mate

Cheap as chips for what they do too John. *and I note your recently found love for Jason Is...I love his guitar work. A true crossover artist if it be known.

Just so the mods don't boot us out going OT I'll send a message to @Zen Mister : Billy, you will probably not have listened to this but I'll tell you now that you'll love it. The album in mint condition is as rare as poo from a shaking small sized reasonably priced horse. I could say a lot more about them but I'll wait till you and I areCrow.thumb.jpg.ce1a37a87d11bb8bb53a93284afbaf43.jpg shaking Martha's mount...

Had the album back in the day, Lucius. Quite right, wonderful stuff. My rekkid was relocated without authorisation back in the day, and I never got around to replacing it.   Would love to  revisit it.

Billy.

16 minutes ago, Zen Mister said:

Had the album back in the day, Lucius. Quite right, wonderful stuff. My rekkid was relocated without authorisation back in the day, and I never got around to replacing it.   Would love to  revisit it.

Billy.

As good as done Billy:thumb:

Edit: I'd forgotten we'd discussed this group before hadn't we.

Don't you just love being a minority:lol:

Edited by Luc

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.