Currently Spinning

On 26/01/2021 at 5:12 PM, Monk said:

So started today with Shepherd, a hard rock... doom... metal... with a little bit of desert sprinkled in... whatever... trio.  I like the mix they've got going on.

a3062683188_16.jpg

https://destruentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/first-hand

Then though I should play something Australian, and I have been thinking of Cog recently, so let's do The New Normal.  Oh man, how I yell RESONATING! every time I hear that.

R-1919662-1427758787-8198.jpeg.jpg

Then something in my Bandcamp wishlist this afternoon while I was trying to work.  Not sure if this was a recommendation from here or Bandcamp, but Onségen Ensemble  - Awalaï is a pretty cool album.  Psychedelic/prog rock with a fairly spacey sound.  Do like.  A lot.  Just chucked on their latest.  Hits the spot even better at the moment, so will be picking up these.

a3568699630_16.jpg

https://onsegenensemble.bandcamp.com/album/awala

Man. How great where Cog.

Gutted when they left the scene.

I had heard that they had reformed and were bringing out a new album. But that was a couple of years ago. Obviously, an urban myth?

4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Beginning the day with some ambient smoothness, Everywhere at the end of time by The Caretaker, a Bandcamp download a while back when it was £0.50

1344523694_EverywhereattheendoftimebyTheCaretaker.jpg.33b87fab57359d5645126a9560d26e0e.jpg

Gee, I don’t like the packaging on those downloads...

:D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Man. How great where Cog.

Gutted when they left the scene.

I had heard that they had reformed and were bringing out a new album. But that was a couple of years ago. Obviously, an urban myth?

They released a few new songs, and toured again, saw them a couple of times in 2019.  Covid has screwed with tours since.  Geez, they toured a lot back in the day.

But yeah, they were awesome, easily one of my favourite Australian bands, if not my favourite.

Earlier this evening.......new Kansas album "The Absence Of Presence"......on CD.

Impressive prog album with great musicianship.....SQ is very good but I suspect the LP will sound better, judging by how great the LP of their previous album "The Prelude Implicit" sounds.

Kansas Announce New Album 'The Absence of Presence' Out 26th June 2020;  European 'Point of Know Return' Anniversary Tour Dates Revealed – Kansas  Band | Classic Rock Band | The Absence of Presence

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monk said:

They released a few new songs, and toured again, saw them a couple of times in 2019.  Covid has screwed with tours since.  Geez, they toured a lot back in the day.

But yeah, they were awesome, easily one of my favourite Australian bands, if not my favourite.

Cheers Monk.

How good was that period.

You had Cog, Butterfly Effect, Dead letter Circus and Karnivool.

Then followed up by Children Collide and Violent Soho.

All triple j stalwarts. Look what they play now (going by the hottest 100). Starting to feel old.

Deffinitely a generational change.

RIP. Alternative/ Indie guitar music bands. Thank God for Prog.

My new direction. ?.

• Like 1