Currently Spinning

Oops just realised this is an old thread which has gone very stale - even the OP has only made the one and only post!

It’s a shame no one else wants to keep this going. I totally agree with the OP the other spinning thread is very repetitive with the few old artists... oh well! 

Edited by MoveD

But a good thread to revive! 

So, from the above I am not sure what the citeria is for what plays in here.  I don't have the patience to search all threads to see if something has been posted somewhere.  And i am not sure if original intent was "post an artist that nobody has previouslky posted" or "post a release that has not been reported as playing in any other thread".

Either way, expecting all to search all threads before posting may limit the flow. Maybe define an alternate and easier criteria for members to curate????  Like "released less than one year prior to the post date" and "not a reissue"?

1 hour ago, Dilettanteque said:

Either way, expecting all to search all threads before posting may limit the flow. Maybe define an alternate and easier criteria for members to curate????  Like "released less than one year prior to the post date" and "not a reissue"?

yeah that’s probably already proved too hard for many. I would just take it as “album which I think no one has posted” - or “have never seen posted” - even if it has been posted then it’s no big deal. As long as they are not artists like The Beatles, Dire Straits, Steely Dan, Mike Oldfield, Prince, David Bowie & the likes... ?

Edited by MoveD
  • Like 1

@Dilettanteque keep your post coming. Let’s hope the OP and others will follow...

CA8F9584-88A9-4162-894C-4C107D209C9E.thumb.jpeg.240a1d54f4fc00ed71d8fea842c4a82f.jpeg

Rose City Band

Summerlong

By this time Ripley Johnson already revealed his involvement in the Rose City Band project. He plays all the instruments except drums. Essentially this is his solo album.

The sophomore album is sunny, less psychedelic and more country rock.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MoveD said:

yeah that’s probably already proved to hard for many. I would just take it as “album which I think no one has posted” - or “have never seen posted” - even if it has been posted then it’s no big deal. As long as they are not artists like The Beatles, Dire Straits, Steely Dan, Mike Oldfield, Prince, David Bowie & the likes... ?

I thought it was just relatively new bands 

So can be from any decade?

2 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

I thought it was just relatively new bands 

So can be from any decade?

I don’t see why not as long as not super popular or well known albums. However, this is not my thread and I don’t mean to take over and start making rules. Hopefully the OP will give you the anwer. ? @needlerunner

8 minutes ago, Dilettanteque said:

The Besnard Lakes  - A Coliseum Complex Museum  

The Besnard Lakes - A Coliseum Complex Museum (2016, CD) | Discogs

Crew labelled "shoegaze" - normally a good song or two on their releases.  New one coming  next week to see how the new memebrs are settling in.

I have The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horses on CD when it was released but I don’t listen to CD anymore and I have forgotten about them! Thanks for the heads up, will check them out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoveD said:

I have The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horses on CD when it was released but I don’t listen to CD anymore and I have forgotten about them! Thanks for the heads up, will check them out.

I love Devastation on that album - all self important drama and 1970s prog pretence

Edited by Dilettanteque