Currently Spinning

Just about to give up and go and watch a cowboy movie when I was struck down by an urge to hear this

One of the dozen or so best records of the 70’s 

A time and place that rivalled the 60’s as the best time ever to be young thin and beautiful ?

Cant remember if I bought in an import store or in Coolangatta but I sure as hell remember the kick backside (so to speak) intro to Rockin Round With You

3 great consecutive records with Damm The Torpedoes striking the jackpot and after that not so good

But more than enough to get himself into rock n roll heaven

Sounds even better with ? 

E7E1BA5B-E2E8-4F8D-ACD3-6D24E14ADDD6.jpeg

B78C764F-3858-4198-85AE-4115E33C3641.png

6B8640A7-4D97-4932-BAC5-603F0AE9B235.jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Grimmie said:

Insane as it sounds I have no Tool!! (High voice - yes, but no Tool.) So you started with Aenima, if I wanted to rectify my Tool-less state would you reckon this one would be the best way in?

I have got A Perfect Circle (I'm taking medication for that) 'Mer de Noms'.) So do know a little of what having Tool may be like.

Mer de Noms is a damn good album.

In my opinion, yeah, Aenima is a good place to start.  Probably is my favourite Tool album, even it's maybe not the most played these days.  

After that, well, you'll probably be getting them all, ;) but maybe 10,000 Days next, the segues/interludes on that work better than the ones on Lateralus I think.  Although there are plenty of good songs on there.  Opiate and Undertow are definitely more classic/old school Tool, but needed.  Which then leaves Fear Inoculum as the newest.

• Like 1

a1351423558_14.jpg

Mono - Hymn To The Immortal Wind -- not a paean to flatulance but Japanese post-rock (with strings) intending to give you all the feels. As a Pitchfork review once said: "Melodies are achingly pretty; climaxes are blitzkriegs of flying hair and frantic strumming.Mono's songs are essentially power ballads". This is a re-issue in 24/96 resolution, available as a "Name Yer Price" download from Bandcamp for today only.

--Geoff 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Tried to listen to Tom Petty's Greatest Hits CD...  sounded woeful.

... went for this instead...

Ali Farka and Ry Cooder  'Talking Timbuktu'

Not sure if you want this advice ?

Dont waste your money on greatest hits After about 1964 /65

Before that records had some great songs plus filler for sales purposes especially in country music

After that bands made complete records

Generally speaking so to speak

Buy Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 1st 3 records

They will make you think you’ve got new speakers?

Then try these

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band first 4 records

Elvis Costello and The Attractions first 4 records

Graeme Parker and The Rumour first 4 records

Great records which great singer songwriters with great bands in perfect musical harmony 

= rock and roll nirvana?

Ps 

massive difference between Tom Petty and Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 2

To Top