Currently Spinning

Macy Gray - Big (2007)

Lovin her raspy tones...so wrong but so right!. I find Track 1 a bit nasty bright, but mostly much better thereafter..some brilliant RnB vibes...Track 2 Shoo Be Doo (a pending break up song with a real Amy Winehouse type delivery)...Track 3 What I Gotta Do (very smooth arrangements) etc

IMG_5069.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

But

What sort of music is it

Religous?

Nope.  Kind of post rocky - instrumental works.  Set up a groove with a bunch of guitars, drums, bass, keyboards etc.  Add some layers.  Make it big. Break it down.  Finish it off.  Move onto next thing.  Hovering around the same territories that Tortoise, Esmerine etc. occupy.  One of the interesting bands from Constellation Records stable (they have Godspeed You! Black Emperor and The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra etc.).  If bands can be so blithely likened to animals.   

Though I think that could be the grim reaper in the cover, but I suspect that is not what I am supposed to see. 

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dilettanteque said:

Nope.  Kind of post rocky - instrumental works.  Set up a groove with a bunch of guitars, drums, bass, keyboards etc.  Add some layers.  Make it big. Break it down.  Finish it off.  Move onto next thing.  Hovering around the same territories that Tortoise, Esmerine etc. occupy.  One of the interesting bands from Constellation Records stable (they have Godspeed You! Black Emperor and The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra etc.).  If bands can be so blithely likened to animals.   

Though I think that could be the grim reaper in the cover, but I suspect that is not what I am supposed to see. 

Yech

No need for me to google it then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1