Currently Spinning

16 hours ago, metal beat said:

Hey Cliff.   what are the Xavier pressings like?  I have heard differing views, mostly not so great - at least for the Aussie pressings.

My Aussie pressings are flat and generally pressing fault free but the sound quality is muted/dull.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently spinning a new arrival (JB HiFi 'under $30' LP crates....today).

Billy Idol "Billy Idol" 2017 reissue, Dutch pressing. Sounds great, nice pressing.

Not familiar with much on this album, except for the singles. It's good with the usual Idol beats and although a little more 'poppy' than his huge follow up, I like it....:thumb:

R-11153965-1510853224-3755.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Evening Folks.

Just came across this album tucked away on one of the hard drives...  first listen...

Andrew Bird  'Are You Serious'

1551616230_AndrewBirdAreYouSerious.jpg.b34b9d4e71bb5d1c2454257b4af03531.jpg

Great sounding album.

From Wiki...

Andrew Wegman Bird (born July 11, 1973) is an American indie rock multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter. Since 1996, he has released 15 studio albums, as well as several live albums and EPs, spanning various genres including swing music, indie rock, and folk music. He is primarily known for his unique style of violin playing, accompanied by loop and effect pedals, whistling, and voice. In the '90s, he sang and played violin in several jazz ensembles, including Squirrel Nut Zippers and Kevin O'Donnell's Quality Six. He went on to start his own swing ensemble, Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, which released three albums between 1998 and 2001. Weather Systems (2003) was his first solo album, and a departure from jazz music into indie music.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

Steely Dan - Alive in America

Love Green Earrings on this

IMG_20200924_132650787.thumb.jpg.b400a4115ae80428c96f5385bd8e544f.jpg

Took 6 weeks to arrive from the Uk (still waiting for 3 Lps ordered at the same time), patience is a virtue (that I sadly lack)

Edited by turnthetable
  • Like 7