Currently Spinning

I haven’t done a night spinning for quite a while as the lounge room was occupied with TV watching. Not tonight! 

First up:

505681E4-1315-4760-9FF4-886C67F8ECF9.jpeg.e689280b96e57f6aca2e05ea73f5f1f8.jpeg

Richard Hawley - Lowedges

2014 Reissue 

Next up probably:

230A9564-1B82-4FCE-803C-B7F0F26CEB62.jpeg.f53ecc67138a617d77458ca270a6d08f.jpeg

Songs Ohia: The Magnolia Electric Co.

2013 Reissue Deluxe Edition

• Like 2

Cat Stevens, Tea For The Tillerman.  A&M Records / Mobile Fidelity, ‎– UDCD 519 Original Master Recording – CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Ultradisc II.  ca. 1992, US.

Almost 50 years have passed since its original release, where did all those years go......

Tea For The Tillerman (CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered) album cover

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 8

Lee Ritneour - Rhythm Sessions.

Wasnae sure if this belonged over in Jazz...as this is "smoooooth jazz" ? with appearances by a couple of my favourite bass guitarists, Nathan East, and Marcus Miller.

IMG_4737.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 2Brix said:

Lee Ritneour - Rhythm Sessions.

Wasnae sure if this belonged over in Jazz...as this is "smoooooth jazz" ? with appearances by a couple of my favourite bass guitarists, Nathan East, and Marcus Miller.

IMG_4737.jpg

@2Brix

Have you got "Captain Fingers" or "The Captain's Journey"?

I started off with those 2 on vinyl many decades ago and have slowly added a few later releases as time went on. Those 2 are still my favourites however.

I must admit, Lee is very consistent with most of his albums scoring a similar grading on www.rateyourmusic.com

• Like 2

@progladyte  you inspired me to give this a spin. So many fun tracks on him, but i think Am I Wrong (Track 2) with Keb Mo and Taj Mahal has to be my favourite.  Just about to crank it right noo ?.  Oh, and Track 4 (Give me one reason) with Joe Bonamassa and Robert Cray!! smokin'!!

IMG_4739.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
  • Like 2

I'll need to get out of my stubborn head and give Deep Purple's Whoosh! a spin. After the very disappointing What Now?! from 2013 or so I have not kept up with them. But if so many people listen to it so many times, there must me something.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, betocool said:

I'll need to get out of my stubborn head and give Deep Purple's Whoosh! a spin. After the very disappointing What Now?! from 2013 or so I have not kept up with them. But if so many people listen to it so many times, there must me something.

Cheers,

Alberto

If you are expecting the good old heavy music from their glory days you may be disappointed. Whoosh is an evolution from What Now! but much better.