Currently Spinning

R-10552309-1500771690-8521.jpeg.jpg

2017 release. This has a bit of mischief in the cover and title because where you end up at the end of the album is quite a different place to where you started. The journey is well worth it, the track sequencing is faultless, some songs here are Rebecca Barnard's best, and the production and studio craft really make them shine.

A rich and fulfilling rock/ trip-hop / power pop / atmospheric discovery that goes into my "year's best" box.

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
2 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

R-10552309-1500771690-8521.jpeg.jpg

2017 release. This has a bit of mischief in the cover and title because where you end up at the end of the album is quite a different place to where you started. The journey is well worth it, the track sequencing is faultless, some songs here are Rebecca Barnard's best, and the production and studio craft really make them shine.

A rich and fulfilling rock/ trip-hop / power pop / atmospheric discovery that goes into my "year's best" box.

Knew her old man and his brother. 
Australian music legends that family 

Playing the lesser played Disc 2

..enjoying the slow burn tracks (Stranger in Moscow, Earthsong)...funky rap (Money, 2 Bad) aaannd especially the durty cover of Come Together.  Admittedly i do fast forward past Childhood ?

IMG_4518.jpg

Edited by 2Brix

Morning Folks.

Easing into Sunday morning with...

Lou Reed  'Transformer'  Premium Masters CD.

760481842_LouReedTransformer.jpg.dafcec9d7631dc672bb2987c263b907d.jpg

Then amping up a little before lunch shift in the kitchen...

Muse  'Origin of Symmetry'  CD

178263261_MuseOriginofSymmetry.jpg.a9b74f072bcab42795dadfc3cbce83ff.jpg

This working business is severely interrupting my speaker work, can't wait to get home and back into it.

• Like 6

I bought this album when it came out in 1974. The song "Winter in America" is, strangely enough, on this album rather than the previous album titled Winter in America. At the time I thought the clock was a reference to the Midnight Band. Wish I was right about that.1594522398557312789151.thumb.jpg.a6c2018b1687ed8f414840477627bb06.jpg,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Love_music said:

Wishbone Ash ~ Argus

112878545_WishboneAshArgus.jpg.3b8b792ca9be3dfe9d516bfbcd7a2751.jpg

Nice one mate.  My vinyl copy is a little banged up, but I've just bought a 16bit download from zdigital, I haven't played it yet.  Looking forward to it.

Ahoy.

Picked this one up at the Op Shop recently...

The Stranglers  'The Raven'    CD

32894464_TheStranglersTheRaven.jpg.38171035dfb841b128a5309a5205c487.jpg

Not a band I've ever been into really, although I consider Golden Brown one of my favourite songs.

A good album that has taken a couple of listens to click with, quite a mix of styles and very European.

Cheers.

Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 5

Time for some ol' skool rock...  Classic...

Thin Lizzy  'Classic Thin Lizzy - The Universal Masters Collection'

827240249_ThinLizzyClassicThinLizzy-TheUniversalMastersCollection.jpg.4313f3f43e34925a1db77fa3d67e56cc.jpg

Not a bad sounding CD, by the way.

Great collection of the early stuff.  I always think of the Gurge's 'I Like your Old Stuff Better than your New Stuff.'

... not that I do with Thin Lizzy, love all their stuff.

• Like 4

@ThirdDrawerDown deserves an honourable mentione here...  helping me out with picking up a full Optonica system and two Technics speakers, also including a cabinet, and storing them for me until this recent outbreak settles down again.  I must also thank his lovely wife for allowing me to impose and take up a fair bit of space.  Respect.

TTD also expertly packed, and shipped the amp straight up to me, knowing that I had blown mine.  Thank you buddy.

I'm listening to the amp through the Optonica speakers and I'm very satisfied;  a lovely, detailed and warm sound.  I run the loudness function most of the time just to give the bottom end a little beef, but I think that's a reflection on the speakers, not the amp.

Thanks again TTD.