Currently Spinning

On 28/06/2020 at 10:00 PM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Coil presents Black Light District.

images - 2019-06-19T212142.239.jpeg

Recently got onto this duo via their album: The Ape of Naples. Read a bit of a bio on them and shame they have both passed on. Luckily their music lives on. Their music is different... but good. Not sure how you would describe it. Goth Ambient...maybe?

Anyway, well worth a listen.

Is their music still readily available?

• Like 1

1906687096_Screenshot2020-07-01at20_18_48.thumb.png.0d19898a16b696030a76f8fe383d11a9.png

I’ve owned this CD since the early 90s, I think the picture above is my own scan from when I ripped all my CDs.

What struck me just then was the average volume of the album, which is unusually low unlike most pop discs, but more like classical recordings. Through the wonder of instant display of DR and/or dynamic range I can tell why – it is well mastered with DR between 11 and 16 (up to 22.5dB R128).

After all these years it still sounds great. And I’ve always loved So’C.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

725733024_Screenshot2020-07-01at22_50_13.thumb.png.69e5bbb720640f436fec565b9dc59b67.png

My absolute favourite recording (I’ve heard so many, nothing comes close) of two of my top-20 pieces of music.

If I was ever asked which tune resonates most with my inner soul, I‘d nominate the 3rd movement of K. 478.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Recently got onto this duo via their album: The Ape of Naples. Read a bit of a bio on them and shame they have both passed on. Luckily their music lives on. Their music is different... but good. Not sure how you would describe it. Goth Ambient...maybe?

Anyway, well worth a listen.

Is their music still readily available?

The best place to look for their music is on discogs, needlerunner. I'm not sure how you'd fare on the vinyl front though.

1 hour ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

The best place to look for their music is on discogs, needlerunner. I'm not sure how you'd fare on the vinyl front though.

Thanks mr b. Lucky I'm still a lover of the good old cd.

• Like 1