Currently Spinning

Just discovered this band. ‘Twas an iTunes recommendation. If I had to describe it, it sounds like what Satan would play in his sex dungeon ?

F0DEAD51-BC6B-4901-B543-1A577E6A3F52.jpeg

Edited by Esoterica
  • Like 1

Newly arrived today.

R-1612907-1502509143-7547.jpeg.jpg

acknowledging @k-k-k-kenny 's work on discogs

It is a little-known fact that up till the time of the Tampa Affair immigrants to Australia received an audio-visual package consisting of the following items as an induction to Australian life and customs:

Bob Hudson - The Newcastle Song (LP)

Muriel's Wedding (Documentary)

Let Stalk Strine - compiled by Afferbeck Lauder (Babel Fish)

Regrettably post-Tampa budget cuts struck the death knell to this useful package as funds were diverted into public relations campaigns and weaponry, thus ruling out Australia from future Fulbright Scholars.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 6:26 PM, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Newly arrived today.

R-1612907-1502509143-7547.jpeg.jpg

acknowledging @k-k-k-kenny 's work on discogs

It is a little-known fact that up till the time of the Tampa Affair immigrants to Australia received an audio-visual package consisting of the following items as an induction to Australian life and customs:

Bob Hudson - The Newcastle Song (LP)

Muriel's Wedding (Documentary)

Let Stalk Strine - compiled by Afferbeck Lauder (Babel Fish)

Regrettably post-Tampa budget cuts struck the death knell to this useful package as funds were diverted into public relations campaigns and weaponry, thus ruling out Australia from future Fulbright Scholars.

We weren't an immigrant family but we had 'Let's Talk Strine' when I was a kid and I found it hilarious.....by Afferbeck Lauder.....brilliant!

We also had 'They're A Weird Mob' by 'Nino Cullotta' (John O'Grady), which was an entertaining read.

I must say, the Tampa incident was a very negative turning point for Australia......the seeds of future tribal politics were sown right there.

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Well it won elections here in Oz but in New Zealand the Tampa boys have shown that immigrants benefit society. Heck, even Paul Simon sings about winning the Fulbright. Agree that Australia disappeared down the wrong leg of the Trousers of Time. We digress. Back at the music, hereabouts we are listening to this and finding it a suitable listen when one wants the sensibility of Massive Attack without the vocals. 

R-968623-1232348988.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4