Currently Spinning

R-481265-1121397186.jpg.jpg

R-481265-1366543635-8985.jpeg.jpg

Bjork's soundtrack to a film in which a couple of humans transmute into whales. "Not one to fill the dancefloors" says my wife. Even so, a valuable and interesting addition to our collection of music to encourage guests who have outstayed their welcome to depart.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Ella Fitzgerald has the most perfect pop music voice I’ve ever heard. Pure as a mountain stream but she injects such character and depth into her performances that songs you’ve heard a million times come alive in her hands

Linda Ronstadt isn’t Ella Fitzgerald but damned if she isn’t the next best thing.

This album makes me nostalgic for a time before I was born that probably never existed anyway. 

82795431-CDC6-4132-9B8D-F8032A7CC851.jpeg.d3f0cff788f5231554a018832a773b18.jpeg

• Like 5

81VMc9u0GvL._SS500_.jpg

MonoGone: A Collection of EPs 2000-2007 -- compilation of various early EPs from Japanese post-rock outfit Mono. A bit less polished than later releases, but still it's Mono, innit? I recall many years ago in the USA I found a copy of this on vinyl for $1, a bit beat up so nice to have on digitimal now. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp for today only.

--Geoff

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RankStranger said:

Ella Fitzgerald has the most perfect pop music voice I’ve ever heard. Pure as a mountain stream but she injects such character and depth into her performances that songs you’ve heard a million times come alive in her hands

Linda Ronstadt isn’t Ella Fitzgerald but damned if she isn’t the next best thing.

This album makes me nostalgic for a time before I was born that probably never existed anyway. 

82795431-CDC6-4132-9B8D-F8032A7CC851.jpeg.d3f0cff788f5231554a018832a773b18.jpeg

I for one, have to agree here. Linda Ronstadt is hardly a favourite of mine, but in this album she does herself very well,  certainly up there with some of the best jazz divas of yesteryear. A copy lives in my collection. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, t_mike said:

I for one, have to agree here. Linda Ronstadt is hardly a favourite of mine, but in this album she does herself very well,  certainly up there with some of the best jazz divas of yesteryear. A copy lives in my collection. 

Just when you thought you didn’t need yet another version of Someone to Watch Over Me...

Sorry. Make room for one more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1