Currently Spinning

2 hours ago, 2Brix said:

ah...haven't listened that for ages!!! ? Is that on licorice or CD ?

If you were asking after the Died Pretty, it was CD.

Saw them play after release of this album as warm up for Hunters & Collectors at Selinas.  DP were really impressive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was actually asking after Sade...but i've just cruised through DP's Doughboy Hollow album on youtube...i like it and reminds me somewhat of The Church.  Downloaded on Spotify for a proper listen soon. Cheers ?

9 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

DP's Doughboy Hollow album on youtube...i like it and reminds me somewhat of The Church.  Downloaded on Spotify for a proper listen soon. Cheers ?

Unbelievable album!   ?

Only available on vinyl from 1991 - never repressed.

Edited by candyflip

3 hours ago, muon* said:

CD, is one of the Gold Series you get from JB for $9.95

OK i've got the CD from years ago, Aussie pressing can't remember where bought from.  A quick search suggests the LP version is scarce and priced accordingly.  But not too worry just finished spinning the CD a short while ago, and it lacks for nothing imo...well arranged and produced, and a fantastic mixture of power tracks, smooth grooves/lounge and poignant ballads with some really tasteful cello, violin and piano that bear many repeat listens.  Love Sade's voice, what a beautiful lady and talented lyricist. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

I was actually asking after Sade...but i've just cruised through DP's Doughboy Hollow album on youtube...i like it and reminds me somewhat of The Church.  Downloaded on Spotify for a proper listen soon. Cheers ?

Died Pretty where a great aussie band.  They were phenomenal live. I last saw them at the Big Day Out around2010/11 or there abouts. Not sure of exact year. They only had a side show tent, and played to around 100 people. All of us where well past middle age, like me. Lol.

But boy did they put on a show.

Ron Peno gave his absolute best.

I believe he was diagnosed with cancer last year. But l have heard he is on the mend.

• Like 2

Seeing that it was mentined yesterday, thought l would dig out an album of Died Pretty. Have not played this for years. Gate Fold copy of Free Dirt (2 cd, 2008 release).

Time to batton down the hatches.

Huge storm coming later today. It has a 2000km+ front with 130km+ winds. One of those once ever decade storms, they are warning us. Don't mind the rain, but gale force winds frighten the crap out of me. I'm 1km from the beach. So going to cop it.

Better have a red wine now and a listen in case we lose power, the roof.????????????

15902998500241487874460822793820.jpg

15902999589341909082697321615133.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bisguittin said:

Randy Newman - Little Criminals.

Vastly under-estimated melodic and lyrical genius.

20200524_205945.jpg

His work is amazing.  He has this remarkable ability to be quite direct in his observations on society/life and get away with it. Short People, Rednecks, God's Song, Half a Man as examples.  So many songs that take the bigot's/corrupt point of view to seemingly expose it - with judgement one presumes, but he just plays the scenarios out and lets the listener do the work.   And songs of such emotional delicacy (I think It Is Going To Rain Today; Real Emotional Girl, I Want You To Hurt Like I Do). A truly admirable talent.

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 6