Currently Spinning

13 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Not heard of this one. And I'm a huge fan. It's not on spotify. Will have to check further.

Is that a record or cd?

RE: The Cure - Join The Dots

It's a box set of four CDs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Join_the_Dots:_B-Sides_%26_Rarities_1978–2001_(The_Fiction_Years)

Edited by pwstereo

1 hour ago, pwstereo said:

Cheers buddy. Amazon Aus has it for $46. With fee posting. So snaffled it up. Cheapest l could find too. 

Thought l had enough super to last me 20 years, but not if l don't stop buying music. Lol.

• Like 1

New single from the enigmatic Orville Peck.  Loved this guy’s debut album (Pony). Clear singing, strong and distinctive voice, appears to sing abut things that matter to him. Good song, hopefully it presages (in a good way) a new album:

Orville Peck, Summertime

BFED14E7-D61F-4CC5-A517-A8A15BA7B6DA.png

• Like 1

26454617-C0FD-4216-A193-126ABE6BE407.jpeg.642c82ddd7497f41c78ccca51cac74e4.jpeg

this might be a bit of a controversial opinion, especially in the circumstances but I find it hard to get into the early John Prine albums because, despite the genius songwriting, I find a lot of the music to be just very anodyne 70s country-by-the-numbers. Most of the time I’ll listen to his later albums, live shows (where the great between-song banter is a big part of it) and this incredible "tribute" album from a few years ago.

Edited by RankStranger
  • Like 2

Guest deanB
32 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

26454617-C0FD-4216-A193-126ABE6BE407.jpeg.642c82ddd7497f41c78ccca51cac74e4.jpeg

this might be a bit of a controversial opinion, especially in the circumstances but I find it hard to get into the early John Prine albums because, despite the genius songwriting, I find a lot of the music to be just very anodyne 70s country-by-the-numbers. Most of the time I’ll listen to his later albums, live shows (where the great between-song banter is a big part of it) and this incredible "tribute" album from a few years ago.

My John Prine starter kit was Lost Dogs & Mixed Blessings which apparently upset a few of the purists at the time. I luv it but am careful not to overuse it.

1236839087_images(24).jpeg.3ddb9c91b24e41b73686af18d0db7b6d.jpeg