The one about country music

But Just read a Facebook thing from his wife

Depressing

One of America’s greatest writers

A great raconteur 

And very funny guy

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, turnthetable said:

Love this song, with lines like "convict movies make her horny" and "caught him once sniffing my undies" always makes me laugh

?

Kasey Chambers used to sing this

She pointed out that the above line meant she couldn’t sing it with her father?

So that was why she was singing  it with the bass player

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Capone said:

First spin of Pearl jams latest-Gigaton

20200402_185123.jpg

Yeah, had a listen to that today.  It's not too bad, but yeah, the first couple of albums is what I think of when I think of Pearl Jam.  That may be a bad thing, but whatever.  

Will probably listen to it again, it's better than the last PJ album I heard I think.

Now I'm trying to think of what I listened to today.  Damn it's been another long day.

Played many an album.  Was a bit disappointed by the John Wick soundtracks to be honest, oh well.  But I guess I'll mention Bolt Gun's latest album.  Kind of ambient metal noise kind of thing.  Kind of.  Don't mind it on first listen.  It'll get more plays for sure.

a0488022450_16.jpg

https://boltgun.bandcamp.com/album/begotten

Currently just finishing off A Perfect Circle's Mer de Noms.  But Google seem to have changed their image search page again for the worse, so not gonna bother posting a pic.

10 hours ago, Capone said:

Ive only played it the once so far but really enjoyed its, worth a listen ? 

Sorry don't agree. Listened a couple of times. There time is well over.

They should give it up. They will always have a place in history because of their earlier stuff. But they are done in terms of relefence.

Now, l have just listened to the new Violent Soho album. Now that is revelence. Simply stunning up to date rock at its best. I might ne old, but l still know how to ROCK.?

Spun this earlier after a peel.....Roxy Music "Flesh + Blood" Oz 1st pressing.

https://img.discogs.com/LJcGnQZ-VDSDENs9nAMytrY12J0=/fit-in/600x591/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1388321-1454158526-9639.jpeg.jpg

Followed by greatness......Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" Oz 1st pressing.

https://img.discogs.com/wkPnQ86cjYkFMWvgMT6kBmGyiFM=/fit-in/600x597/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1862700-1248592657.jpeg.jpg

Now it's raining noisily on my tin roof so no more until it stops......love the rain but dammit!?

• Like 4

Needed something fairly laid back today.

Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II fit the bill nicely.  Love the atmosphere the cello adds.

dac0361c.jpeg

Currently playing Full Upon Her Burning Lips.  Another great slow ride.

634457812420.jpg

I'm thinking Primitive and Deadly will probably be next.  :yes:

• Like 1