Currently Spinning

11 minutes ago, rantan said:

I received 2 albums from Amazon on Thursday, both had dirt and scuff marks on them. They readily agreed to give me an account credit but they insisted that I return them.

Yes, seems to be more like the norm to insist on returning the damaged/defective lp. Probably so they can resell it!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, metal beat said:

My 2nd copy is just as crap as the first.   I have cleaned it on the US 5 times.   

similar to you JJ, but side 2, tracks 2 and 3 have the annoying click coming out of the right channel all the way thru.   drives me fkn crazy, unlistenable.

I might try one more copy if I can get one as it sounds like decent pressings exist, but I am almost done

Bloody Frustrating ain't it!

As a footnote, my copy of Selling England By The Pound ( the one that had a 7mm warp) that l have had between 2 plates of glass for 2 weeks; has now  reduced to a 3mm warp.

I was going to leave it under the patio which has late afternoon sun, but for experimentation; I decided just to leave in my listening room and see what happens.

I thought slow and easy was the go and if that didn't work then in the sun. Last result, was in the oven (shudder). Wasn't sure if on the sun/oven would damage the grooves?

But in the room seems to be working. I wil turn it over and wait another 2 weeks and see what l end up with. Fingers crossed, no crackle and pops.

34 minutes ago, Citroen said:

BTW, did they ask you to send the dud LP back to them?

Yes.   now that it is local amazon, no issues with $60 freight back to them that they have to cover.  That was why they used to say, don't return as it cost them too much $$ in return postage.

Just drop it off for free at the local post office to be returned.

very easy now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rantan said:

I received 2 albums from Amazon on Thursday, both had dirt and scuff marks on them. They readily agreed to give me an account credit but they insisted that I return them.

I assume they were noisy, as many times direct of scuff marks don't effect the play - most GZ pressings for example :)

Just now, metal beat said:

I assume they were noisy, as many times direct of scuff marks don't effect the play - most GZ pressings for example :)

Yes, very noisy, crap pressings and also warped. They sounded like they were playing under water:sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

Not all bad.   Smoke filled Disco’s.   Bad dancing.  What’s not to like 

Not to like?

Frizzy Perms

Bright blue eyeshadow

Impossible wedges that the cork fell out of at the most inconvenient time

• Like 1

Just now, April Snow said:

Not to like?

Frizzy Perms

Bright blue eyeshadow

Impossible wedges that the cork fell out of at the most inconvenient time

Just more to love.    Loved the blue eyeshadow.  Frizzy hair.   And even the guys wore platform shoes.    Flares. 3 piece suits.  All wonderful memories.   Better than jeans and T-shirt’s worn everywhere today.  Some individuality I thinks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

Just more to love.    Loved the blue eyeshadow.  Frizzy hair.   And even the guys wore platform shoes.    Flares. 3 piece suits.  All wonderful memories.   Better than jeans and T-shirt’s worn everywhere today.  Some individuality I thinks. 

LOL - have to find a Purple Feather Boa now ......

artworks-000210296146-ndsash-t500x500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1