Currently Spinning

Beautiful song written by Bernie Taupin and sung perfectly by Elton

put the lyrics up to read

well worth a listen 

one of the most shocking things I’ve learnt from this site and the other one is the vast majority of people think the music is more important than the words

I’m nearly 69 I think I need to get out more??

image.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neurone said:

Currently

982977937_KansasImplicit.png.7af26830e09e193c8b3e11c0628c28e3.png

How good is 'The Prelude Implicit"? When I got my copy, the main question was "Will it sound like a Kansas album?"  Hell yes! ?

You'd swear Kenny Livgren wrote some of those songs.......a great album.

Edited by stevoz

3 hours ago, keyse1 said:

where does the time go

Half a day spent listening to Rod The Mod and Elton John

As much as I dislike their albums after the early 70’s there has never been a decade when I didn’t listen to these ones

Even when listening to the rock and roll punks who were in part inspired to create their own records because of the awful ones Rod and Elton were inflicting on the world

Not too mention lifestyles 

5A4A7F9C-07C2-4D36-88EC-EF327E2002E4.jpeg

FADE7050-860D-4594-9BE8-70930E8B9643.jpeg

185911DE-24AA-4CFB-AE4C-3B47D5997040.jpeg

33D6E46E-B861-4728-904B-9145B6AC4F9E.jpeg

9D301143-6DAE-4945-8B0C-1240C79F2981.jpeg

Madman Across the Water is the only Elton music that l own.

Never a fan of Rod Stuart. But respect for his choice of female partners. Though l did like the sond Mandolin Wind.

New Ebay purchase that arrived today -

just starting to pay some attention to this artist -

always liked her but never brought anything before, apart from "Crying" with Roy Orbison.

KD Lang

Drag

Great music to chill out to as you prepare dinner.

KD.JPG

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, April Snow said:

New Ebay purchase that arrived today -

just starting to pay some attention to this artist -

always liked her but never brought anything before, apart from "Crying" with Roy Orbison.

KD Lang

Drag

Great music to chill out to as you prepare dinner.

I don’t have drag but recently Sing It Loud (with the siss boom bang) and her album with Neko Case and Laura Viers (just called Case/Lang/Viers) are both delightful modern grown-up pop music. Ingenue is her classic with her big hit and she did a great album of duets with Tony Bennett around 2000ish. Dig back far enough and there’s some super-country 80s stuff too, if you’re into that sort of thing (I’m not. It’s a bit too honky-tonk for me) :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

I don’t have drag but recently Sing It Loud (with the siss boom bang) and her album with Neko Case and Laura Viers (just called Case/Lang/Viers) are both delightful modern grown-up pop music. Ingenue is her classic with her big hit and she did a great album of duets with Tony Bennett around 2000ish. Dig back far enough and there’s some super-country 80s stuff too, if you’re into that sort of thing (I’m not. It’s a bit too honky-tonk for me) :) 

I agree - her Country stuff too Honky Tonk for me too - but do love the Jazz laid back feel of this one very much. 

• Like 2