Currently Spinning

Ian Gillan & Tony Iommi ~ Who Cares, 

WhoCares, is a music project by Deep Purple frontman Ian Gillan and Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi and a charity release by the supergroup WhoCares they had formed with the help of other musicians, to raise money to rebuild a music school in Gyumri, Armenia after the destruction of the city in the 1988 earthquake in Armenia.

401012375_WhoCares.jpg.caef1a437e2076f587cbd7afa99ee73e.jpg

19 minutes ago, Love_music said:

Ian Gillan & Tony Iommi ~ Who Cares, 

WhoCares, is a music project by Deep Purple frontman Ian Gillan and Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi and a charity release by the supergroup WhoCares they had formed with the help of other musicians, to raise money to rebuild a music school in Gyumri, Armenia after the destruction of the city in the 1988 earthquake in Armenia.

401012375_WhoCares.jpg.caef1a437e2076f587cbd7afa99ee73e.jpg

We don't see this pop up too often.  I have a copy somewhere on my hard drives.

I always loved 'Born Again' and thought the combination of Gillan and Sabbath was a match made in hell (heaven for others).  A damn shame they didn't do more work.  I vaguely recall Ian was not happy with the lyrics on Born Again.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

This arrived in the mail today.....Wolfmother s/t debut 2016 10th Anniversary 'special' edition, UK and Euro release (can't define exactly which country from Discogs but it's a BTB.....could even be a US pressing I suppose and shipped to UK/Europe?). The original album covers the first three sides, side four has bonus B-sides. Spinning now and it sounds pretty damn good!?

https://img.discogs.com/wxAX6_fsfpw1t8_c37H0LatFGio=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-7710941-1447218369-2099.png.jpg

The US pressed 10th Anniversary 'deluxe' edition with the same songs is listed as 'remastered' whereas this one is not.....they are both 10th anniversary editions so I assume this is remastered as well.? As I said before, it sounds pretty good whatever the case.

https://www.discogs.com/Wolfmother-Wolfmother/release/7710941

Later: Just checked one of the LP labels and spotted Made In The EU (BEIM/SDRM)........it's a French pressing. MPO?

The Bonus B sides......    

image.png

Don't know why that big space is there.....can't get rid of  it.?

Edited by stevoz

Dope  ‎– Dope Feat. Julian Cope.  nobody could ever say Julian Cope has sold out and gone commercial - another wacky but rather good album. originally released on cassette only in 2017, it got a release in 2018 of 500 copies worldwide.

Lfhg1fB.jpg

• Like 1

Haze by Black Willows.  Damn fine psych doom rock album.  Very cool.  Do like.

a2942402087_16.jpg

https://blackwillows.bandcamp.com/album/haze

And currently playing I am What I'm Becoming by Strippers in Love.  Awesome name ha.  Pretty good album too.  Maybe not quite up there with Haze, but it's doing the job at the moment.

a1694533324_16.jpg

https://strippersinlove.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-what-im-becoming

Really have the urge to listen to some Clouds Taste Satanic or Bongripper now though.  I dunno.  It's getting on, I'm drinking Coopers, and starting to feel like not cooking dinner.  Maybe I can listen to them both and forget that tomorrow will actually happen?  

• Like 3

The S*ithole Country & Boogie Band with Matts Gustaffson / Wendy Godeln and Wolfgang Voigt.

In 2018, Mats Gustafsson provided raw saxophonic material for the elusive Wendy Gondeln, who sometimes applied a scalpel, sometimes a pneumatic drill, to rework, remix, reimagine all the Swede's squeaks, pops, blats, and tones. In some places, Gondeln adds violent violin to thicken the roux, making Ornette's fiddling seem like Yehudi Menuhin. Uncommon bedfellows: disjunct techno and improvised music. But the Shitholes make it work brilliantly, even inviting minimal techno pioneer and co-founder of Cologne's seminal Kompakt label Wolfgang Voigt to edit and remix two of the twisted tracks. The CD's other guest star, engineer Martin Siewert, contributes guitar and lap top guitar to a couple of tracks. Not your usual any kind of music, The Shithole Country & Boogie Band bends genres and upends style. Spasmodic dance music or highly conceptual experimental sound art -- it's a thin line Gondeln and Gustafsson tread on these eight diverse tracks, but an irresistibly fun one, too. - Forced Exposure.

Personnel: Wendy Gondeln - violin, electronic treatments, and more; Mats Gustafsson - piano mate, saxophones, and live electronics; Wolfgang Voigt - editing and mix (track 3 and 8); Martin Siewert - guitar and lap top guitar (track 1 and 7).

CVSD062CD_CU.jpg

7 hours ago, YCC said:

Ry Cooder, "Jazz"IMG_20190209_171344070.thumb.jpg.b29c1a9b91cd72e5f5d9af193f5bb07e.jpg

Bin that nasty wrinkly PVC outer sleeve mate before it damages (hazes) the vinyl, and or the records either side  of it when you shelve it!  Sometime the 1980s OZ  made PVC 'protector' sleeves even stick to the record jacket, requiring liberal use of lighter fluid to prise it off to avoid losing half the artwork....

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 3

To Top