Currently Spinning

81xHMAqtriL._SS500_.jpg

Various Artists - Johnny Boy Would Love This ... A Tribute to John Martyn -- yoinked from the $2 bin today ... a 2xCD compilation of artists such as Robert Smith, Beck, Joe Bonamassa, Beth Orton, Phil Collins, etc covering the songs of strolling minstrel John Martyn (of Solid Air and One World fame). Noice.

--Geoff

• Like 1

Morning All,

Started the day with some Songs From The Wood by Jethro Tull, it is considered to be the first of a trio of folk rock albums: Songs from the Wood, Heavy Horses (1978) and Stormwatch (1979).

1737245979_JTSongs.png.34eb53be4b518ae3227df58c0e79a6c8.png

JJ

• Like 5

On 07/01/2020 at 10:43 AM, Dilettanteque said:

I think Unloved would be jostling to the the upper quartile of my "best new (to me) music of 2019" .  Few things grabbed my attention so much from outside my normal music hunting. Heard them initially in the OSTs to the two Killing Eve series .  have also just received the recently released OST discs for both series which adds in the other bands.  Both Unloved, and the music for those series, have a great atmosphere! Good fun music, in a kind of downbeat way.

Along a similar vein to Unloved.  60-70s style tunes updated  https://saultglobal.bandcamp.com/album/5

a1929582517_16.jpg

• Thanks 1