Currently Spinning

Decided to put another live album on to compare with the GnR live 'bootleg'.....another performance that is a great concert but not one of the best live recordings by a long shot in my opinion....."If You Want Blood" AC/DC 2009 George Marino remaster, recorded 10 years earlier than the GnR Ritz effort.

https://img.discogs.com/FGBTES4U835qyiuR15qKDRdPm_s=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-371079-1441888057-2805.jpeg.jpg

The result.....is it better? Well yes but not by that much.....the mastering is better as it should be but overall, Mr Marino is limited by a fairly ancient recording and the results are still some way off being great but it still captures the raw atmosphere of the performance very well. In comparison, the GnR Musicbank record SQ is quite ok considering it's 'unofficial' status and cheap price (if bought at Aldi)......and overall, it's not all that far behind the SQ of "If You Want Blood" IMO.

Edited by stevoz

45 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Yeah, the name comes from the song. There was also an Aus bluegrass band called the Rank Strangers in the 90s but I found out about that later. I used to listen to lots and lots of bluegrass but I hardly listen to any now. Changing tastes etc. Funny how the passing thought of a moment can stick around for the better part of a decade ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

Just then,  Eartha Kitt - Legends (Cheap Op Shop copy, with intermittent high frequency reverb/ shriek. Hideous noise). Had enough of it, a few songs in.

Urtha.jpg.a12a968d82995f971c259fce5bb8f464.jpg

Currently, Coldplay ‎– Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

Codplay.jpg.fe70f9688120934ff369e51218e9ac69.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Vangelis, Nocturne

1421403893_NocturneVangelis.jpg.7bea542aba14045c8affe201afe9d19a.jpg

JJ

I was so pumped when this came out, I thought it was going to be a really good one.. sadly not so much.