Currently Spinning

16 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Shakti.

Shakti.jpg

A new one by John, to be released mid January.

a4294873018_10-300x300.jpg

Yes, I also saw mention of that new release, so will keep an eye out for that. I've always liked the Shakti albums. Must get out the Remember Shakti albums again for another spin too, don't think I've really had a proper listen to them.

• Like 2

Morning all.

I didn't check my mail box yesterday, just found this CD waiting...

Neil Young + Crazy Horse  'Ragged Glory'  1990 Reprise Records. Reissue, Made in Germany. Unknown release date.

171836327_NeilYoungCrazyHorseRaggedGlory1990RepriseRecords.ReissueMadeinGermany.Unknownreleasedate_600.jpg.1db8bcc332050dbafb6715a28d2e00d1.jpg

Nice sounding CD.

I had to settle for a new CD after seeing the vinyl selling from $200 to $800.

I don't know what happened to my original vinyl, way too crackly and not enjoyable.

I did just read on Discogs that there maybe a vinyl reissue in the next year.  Here's hoping.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Like 3

From our shelf of musicians who have done TED talks, popularised the term "virtual reality" and appear on lists of "100 most influential people" (It's not a big shelf)

R-926398-1514589820-4793.jpeg.jpg

"  Jaron has no social media accounts at all and all purported ones are fake "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaron_Lanier

An interesting and never twee journey through wind instruments of Asia. At best it's a Terry Riley "In C" thing, at worst it's a world music equivalent of Syd Barrett's scrape and scratch but with a better sense of timing and composition and using wind and piano not guitar (and no vocals). Also it's not empty of spirit (unlike most modern classical, especially from musicians "composers" who have come through the classical academic pathway).

Overall it's ideal as a start to a Saturday morning over coffee for the world/ ambient /modern classical enthusiasts among us.

• Like 1

Al Di Meola - Land of the Midnight Sun.

image.png.f300359b102f3c6d9714ed971039479f.png

I very much dislike the (Aldi?) cover art on this album (generic/pretentious/cheesy), but it doesn't change the fact it be an awesome album.

Edited by zippi
  • Like 3

Boy & Bear ‎– Suck On Light.    really good album let down by the oh so pretty coloured vinyl.

The fixation with POS coloured vinyl is very frustrating. At it's very very best it sounds as good as black vinyl. This is not one of them. This sounds OK and I have heard a lot worse coloured vinyl as at least it is a quiet pressing.
There is a good recording somewhere but this is typical coloured vinyl with a muted top end and an overall smeared polite view of the music.

This becomes a complete PITA when coloured vinyl is the only choice.

ukA1Zl7.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Morning All,

Starting the day with Wings of An Angel, atmospheric piano with occasional drums and / guitar

252079695_WingsAngel.jpg.091b24d7eb66ac05261379c155fb2169.jpg

JJ

This guy is nuts,in a nice way!Incredibly prolific,seems every second day he posts something new.

• Like 3